"My brain NEEDS a good washing!!!"

by bytheirworks 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

Have you ever heard a JW say, after someone calls them brain washed, that: "Well, my brain needs a good washing???"

Share your account & experiences

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yep. "If anyone says you're brainwashed, say, "Yes my brain has been washed clean by Jehovah" and that sort of thing. JWs have an answer for most things.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I did hear this from the stage. At the time I thought it was pretty funny. I'm so glad I'm awake now.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

Anthony Morris III calls it "brain cleaned". He says it's a good thing.

He also says it is offensive when people say JWs don't think. He says that JWs do think, they just don't think independently..... Mmmmmmmm.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I heard that so often from the platform and assemblies that it became cliche.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

*like*

• carla
    carla

mine said it when he first joined the cult and I said that the jw's use brainwashing techniques.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

I do remember hearing something like that YEARS ago.

That's up there with, "Yeah, so-and-so was sooooo smart, he thought himself right out of the Truth!"

Evidently, this is my problem, too!

• carla
    carla

"Evidently"

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

*** g86 10/22 p. 16 A Tragic Saturday That Shattered My Family ***

But that was only part of the campaign to dissuade me from studying the Bible with the Witnesses. One of my brothers was a Baptist minister, and he spent three hours trying to tell me how to be a good Christian and to stay away from Jehovah’s Witnesses. My father said that the Witnesses would brainwash me, to which I replied that my brain needed a good washing, since I had been taught so many untruths for so many years.

Bangalore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit