Timing of the "new light" study and the upcoming annual meeting

by stuckinamovement 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Listener
    Listener

Here's an idea and it's based on something they've done before.

They may tell the JWs to sell their homes and all their material possessions and move to countries 'where the need is greater'. Give the money to them and they will supervise this work worldwide. For them it will be a demonstration of their trust and faith.

They could say that their internet presence is sufficient for Western countries to carry on the work along with the few brothers and sisters that cannot move, such as the sick and elderly. The numbers are not growing in the Western countries, whereas in the poorer countries there is a lot of potential and they don't have easy access to online preaching.

Such a radical move would go along with the comments made in their latest mag-

"3) At that time, the lifesaving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not. (4) Now is the time for any who may be putting their trust in secular education, material things, or human institutions to adjust their thinking. The elders must stand ready to help any who may now be wavering in their faith."

The added benefit to the org, along with all the money, is their total reliance on them for their future financial support, they're even less likely to leave once they've talked them into doing this. It also goes along with their number one focus - the preaching work.

Imagine the publicity they would get with a sudden mass exodus of JWs and how close the JWs would think the end is with such a strong call to action.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Geeze, has it really been a year? Time flies when you are apostatizing!!! What could they posssibly do that would top last year?! My money is on a feel good, lovey talk. It will show attractive dubs preaching all over the world, some singing children, updates on Warwick, stuff like that. It will be a huge waste of my Sunday morning. That's ok, to compensate I will skip Saturday service again.

There may be some interesting hypocritical information as usual. Maybe some rolly-cart news.... who knows? The biggest change would be nu-light on who is an "ordained minister." I know I repeat this alot, but with the Conti case, Victoria Australia and others, they are going to have to do something to protect themselves legally. Get ready for your "personal ministry." I would rather skip it, but I thought that I would try to record it all, just in case.

DD

• factfinder
    factfinder

It would be interesting if there really was a substantially important announcement but I also think inviting the congregations to listen in is just to make them feel important and a part of it, to build anticipation and excitement.

I will be interested if they mention how many books and magazines were printed this year and any news about expansion at Wallkill, Patterson, branch expansion etc.

Perhaps a new edition of the NWT will be announced or released but it most likely will not be an actaul revision of the text.

Thanks to anyone who is going who will fill us in!

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Probably nothing that great. I mean, they can't tie in every congregation in the world to the talk can they? In my mind, a good stratey after all this new light would be something that doesn't rock the boat but assuages and comforts. Some thing warm and fuzzy to provoke a positive or sentimental emotional response that override any doubts about the 'new light'. Once you make an offensive, before you go on another one you must consolidate your hold. I think this is what they will do, and getting the videolinks is part of reassuring the brothers and showing them how 'progressive' the Org is without having to say anything to rock the boat.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Sometimes I think that the Apostates are more looking forward to the annual meeting then witnesses :P

• sir82
    sir82

JW "special events" tend to be neither special nor noteworthy. You can pretty much judge the occasion's tepidity by how many glowing adjectives are used to promote it in advance.

I expect the AGM (to which all baptized & unbaptized publishers are invited, tied in via video to assembly halls) to be a lot of chest-thumping, breathless reports of "new peak of auxiliary pioneers in Bolivia!!!!", and general "look at wonderful we are".

I suspect a new NWT will be introduced, but I also suspect it will not have much new or interesting in it.

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

move along... nothing to see here...

• wallsofjericho
    wallsofjericho
    I find it interesting that the 7/15 watchtower will be studied from September 2-29th and then the annual meeting will be exactly one week after.

actually I think this is a very clever insight. At the very least they will be able to make a big deal about their own centralized authority over the audience.

Then when so many "spiritual brothers" appluade and happily obey the R&F will lap it up and so too be happified.

Sometimes I think that the Apostates are more looking forward to the annual meeting then witnesses :P

SO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

It struck me last night that the society would be smart to develop an app that publishers can download. The app would have the watchtower library back to 2000, videos, a mechanism to turn in your time automatically, of course it would have location services enabled so meeting attendance is regularly and automatically tracked. Oh yeah it will have browser history access, and a link to your calendar so assemblies, co visits, memorial and campaigns are automatically populated.

• Londo111
    Londo111

marked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit