Satan must have directed me here

by Miss.Fit 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Resistance is Futile
    Resistance is Futile
    I am still trying to get out of the mindset that only WT has Jehovahs backing.....what if they're don't?........my brain is hurting............recalculating..............

Miss.Fit. I think it would very beneficial for you to read the book Combatting Cult Mind Control by Steven Hassan. You can get it used off Amazon for a very reasonable price. It helped me see things so much clearer.

http://www.amazon.com/Combatting-Cult-Mind-Control-Best-selling/dp/0892813113/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1376846931&sr=8-1&keywords=combatting+cult+mind+control

Edit: I'm not sure if forum rules allow me to post that link. I'm in no way affiliated with Amazon or Steven Hassan.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Hey there,

Just a quick observation. There are at least 10 links shared with you from several news organizations. It was even a front page story for MSNBC. Your friend cannot be quite as in tune as she thinks.

I have had some success in responding to people blaming things on the demons with the following....

I think you are giving the demons too much credit. They are studying me in particular and keeping a log of my experiences and hanging around specifically me to somehow manuver a news organization to write an article that will make its way to me, and then I see it? I don't think that is probable. It fact it almost sounds narrcisistic and terrifying. No i think some guys did something bad, there was a big court case, and because it was record breaking, articles were written.

Honestly, its hilarious that the demons are so concerned with you that they float you an article, and they have that kind of control, but the ridiculous act that spawned the article, the demons had nothing to do with? Wouldn't that be more concerning. Ugh.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee
    Xyz: Good point. But in order for Jeovah to protect me I need his spirit which is found at the meetings. Which why she was concerned. And if I am not following Jehovah's direction through the f&ds , then I can't expect his protection. I was warned to stay away from the internet and I didn't. So there for I exposed myself to satan and the demons.See how that works?

If Jehovah's spirit is at the meetings, how is it that these Pedophiles not only were able to find their vicitms among the attendees of those meetings but had their doings covered up by those in charge of those meetings ? These aren't just isolated incidents, rather they are happening world wide and the victims were often abused repeatedly over long stretches of time.

How is it that Jehovah's spirit allowed misinformation to be taught at these meetings, throughout the world and why did he wait decades to shed " New Light" on the erroneous information people were basing their whole lives upon ?

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Xyz: err...... each cong. Is accountable to Jehovah.....? Um....wait on Jehovah? Ohhh...um... Jehovah withdraws his spirit from weak congergations Cause they have pedophiles? Ahh....they are bring tested?....

(Crickets chirping) Nooo I got nuthin.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Xyz: what kind of reaction do you think I would get if I asked my friend that? She would never talk to me again.....do you have some softer questions that wouldn't make her run to the hills?. She is like a sister to me...I don't want to lose her. She's one of the few friends that I have.

So I take it your point was.....the org. & the cong. Doesn't have Jehovah's spirit. Or I don't have to go to meetings to get God's spirit?.Missy

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Hi Miss.Fit,

No, I wasn't suggesting that you ask your friend these things. Yes....you're right, she'd head for the hills for sure. When I hear the JW reasonings that are so full of holes, it really irks . She can tell you, without any proof, that you are under Satan's influence. (what an insult) Yet if you point out something in the public news media that sheds JW's in a unfaborable lignt, you become the "Mrs O'leary's cow", of the situation.

I think the only way around this kind of thing is to realize what you are up against and triangulate and tip toe your way through every conversation without bringing up anything controversial. I've found that sometimes the less you say, the better. No appologies, no excuses, no explainations. Just listen to what she is saying and try to understand that she, in her own way, is trying to help you. The whole thing is set up so that unless you recite the party line, you are suspect.

Now that the cat is out of the bag, so to speak, I think I'd just say "Wow...I hope I'm not being guided by Satan but I suppose he could be causing me to see more in these things than others do, but I can't imagine he is altering the news media to make a point with me. No, it's always been like that for me. Anytime I hear Jehovah's Witnesses mentioned anywhere, for whatever reason, it sort of jumps out at me and catches my attention. I mean, everyone knows about Kim Kardashian's latest daily media exploits two minutes after they happen. This was such a big case and such a large settlement and I was surprised I hadn't heard anyone I know talking about it.

• biometrics
    biometrics

So let me get this right.

1. Satan uses the media to smear the Watchtower's reputation.

2. Satan directs weak JWs to view news articles about the Watchtower's legal battle with an abuse victim.

3. Satan allows the courts to fine the JWs.

Satan must have also allowed pedophiles into the JWs, and have directed high ranking JW brothers to protect pedophiles. Enabling them to continue abusing children.

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Xyz: thank you. I will remember to tip toe.

Problematic: you are right. ... I must admit I was used to satan talk....we were always warned about giving satan an opening so he could pounce.

I don't think my friend thought Satan made up the news feed only that he somehow directed it to my attention....

Your right... still doesn't make sense.

Funny I never considered myself supersticous until I got on this board. I never realized before how much time I was looking over my shoulder to mske sure Satan or the demons werent spotting a weakness. And the WT said we were free from fear!!

I'm still expecting a bolt of lightning every time Iog in.Lol

• Miss.Fit
    Miss.Fit

Bio: yep. You got it. It's all Satan. Don't ask me what Jesus and Jehovah are doing about it.

When in doubt blame the devil.

Seriously though.....my abuser told the elders that he must have been under the demon's influence. We had to go through the whole house

and throw away anything that might have been possesed. I couldn't make this stuff up.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

"So does Satan ....I think he must have directed you to that news article because he knows it is your weakness. You know the demons watch and listen to the things we do and say."

So, friend, are you saying that the best way to guard against Satan potentially tripping me up is to refuse to read, listen to, or in any way, contemplate any information about the organization that is not expressly approved by the organization itself? Isn't this what North Korea does? Doesn't this advice fly in the face of biblical advice? I thought the bible advised us to make sure of ALL things......not SOME things?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit