Our DC is on now and I...

by Julia Orwell 16 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Last 4 weeks or so, every Friday evening when I walk to my husband's office from my office, the Jdumbs are coming out of the Convention Center with their hot suits (100 degree weather going on), even little kids in their hot suits & name tags, and all I can think is Thank God I am not wasting my time with that BS anymore!!! And I start having flashbacks to the dumbass talks that tell you to quit your job if you can't get time off for their boring, stupid assemblies.

Oh man, I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy I don't waste my time like that anymore & I feel sorry for those that haven't seen the light yet

• steve2
    steve2

Yes, this is something very few people know or appreciate: The ordinary gloriousness of enjoying life in the here and now, unshackled from the fear/excitement of the end and the mad rush to keep up with the empty and never-ending rituals of life in the organization. Small wonder so many in the organization cope through illegal and/or legal mind-altering substances.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Our DCs are always in August which is winter here so never had the hot full suits thing happening- that's just insane. So impractical. Like the brothers up in the far north of my state having to go witnessing in pants and ties. Right up the tip of the country the native brothers could wear sarongs but I doubt the white fellas would have been allowed to. Stupid dress codes! So good to not have to dress up all the time, except for work. I have heaps of work clothes as my meeting clothes and suits have become work clothes...I'm the best dressed substitute teacher around lol.

I just love the fact that life is so much more peaceful now. Like Gojira said, it's amazing how much mental space JW life takes up, like, "Gotta organise for my meeting clothes and prestudy...who will I go witnessing with this saturday...DC is in 2 weeks...better pick up my magazines at the hall...I wonder where sister such and such has been lately?...hm, forgot to put in my field service report again, and gotta be at the meeting early on Sunday cuz Hubby's doing the sound...what to have for dinner on Tuesday before the meeting? Something quick and easy...OMG that sister dresses so worldly...I wonder what the watchtower article is this week...heck, I've got a talk on the school coming up...house is a mess but have to go witnessing tomorrow...dang, my husband's suits need dry cleaning and we're broke...

And on and on, the internal monologue of JW life.

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

I remember goin to Brisbane for a few DC's myself, What a waste of everything! Always hated parking on that upper level and then walking down those stairs. It was at the Cow Palace then..........Pretty good name for a location now that I think about it. I always liked walking around looking at all the Hulk Hogan and Ultimate Warrior pictures on the walls.

Wouldn't it be the coolest thing to be in the middle of a d.c., then all of a sudden you hear the Ultimate Warriors theme song slam on the loud speakers and here he comes runnin down the isle to the stage, (remember how he would run full speed from the back room to the ring!!!) Then bodyslam whoever is speaking on stage

Aaahhh,,,,yeah, that would be the coolest thing.......

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Random, but yes, very cool.

• Fernando
    Fernando

A relaxed family day on a Gold Coast beach...

Instead of apostate Watchtower propaganda.

The angels are delighted and so are we.

(Why does the "true religion" secretly blind its followers to the "Good News" according to Paul, Moses, Isaiah and Psalms?)

• Julia Orwell

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit