Premarital sex--how prevalent?

by wafflesandpancakes 54 Replies latest social relationships

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

After extensive research on this very question using all the latest algorythms ive come to find that I was the only jw NOT having sex. Accordingly I would like to thank all you a $$ holes for not inviting me to the party. All those lonely nights studying thr watchtower while you all were having fun. I bet you all laughed at me behind my back didnt you? My only comfort now is the faint hope of making up for lost time with some 60 year old crack whore prostitute. Have sex while you are young dont pioneer is what my present self would tell my past self if I could go back in time. Sigh.

• prologos
    prologos

what is sex?

Bill Clinton: "Listen carefully: I did not have sex with THAT WOMAN Lewinski, "

Cigars and all only.

with hormons raging how do you skirt the boundaries of WT definitions?

when nature calls?

• Frazzled UBM
    Frazzled UBM

5go - you are not Robinson Crusoe - my JW wife was a 33 year old virgin before her biological clock started ticking loudly and she found me and ended up pregnant and df'd. Fast forward a few years and we are happily married, apart from the minor issue of her reinstatement and continued incarceration with the borg. So get your skates on and find yourself a wicked worldly boy and do a bad bad thing and everything will end up happily ever after as long as you don't go back after you get df'd or at least get out before they have a chance to df you. Good luck

• 5go
    5go

Nice if I was into boys I would do that. I did meet a nice worldly lady the other day.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I wonder how it compares to post-marital sex?

PRE-marital is a lot more exciting!

Doc

• CookieMonster
    CookieMonster

It was terrible growing up as a teen. As a boy of 16 your hormones go wild especially in the summer - must be the heat and scantily clad ladies! But it was drilled down into you how terrible sexual sins are one felt guilty everyday, for every erotic thought. It was very hard to stop "erotic thoughts" or "buffing the bishop" to the point it depressed you that you are a bad person. The only way was was to mentally condition myself to see sex as "dirty" and "abnormal" to stay clean. Well, I did manage to stay off premarital sex while dating, however to this day the guilt and indoctrination has left me inhibited when it comes to sex.

• DuvanMuvan
    DuvanMuvan

The thing is that unless sex ed is being taught in schools, the average jw wouldn't know a lot about contraception. This is a major problem for us teenagers stuck in "the bloom of youth". Everyone having sex without knowing how to stop all the downsides that the wts talk about. (which funnily enough is all they talk about)

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

A short skirt, V-neck blouse, hair style could get you in trouble in the 1950s. I recall discussing with high school friends how I feared marriage. Marriage meant having sex. My parents were shunned when they married. Before Nathan Knorr's marriage, marriage was utter filth for the weak. How could I visit my mom with a husband? There was never an acknowledgement that a man might be interested in me. I assumed I was too ugly. The rules were abundantly clear. If you fool the WT, how do you fool the all-knowing jealous God? I could not. These issues are present to this day.

My parents did marry. Father left Bethel. All my uncles left Bethel for wives. The stigma was great. There were many celibate marriages for a while. Rutherford and Knorr taught that wives were harlots who kept you from God and factory work. Well, I always felt inferior. My two female cousins were knocked up despite being raised in even stricter circumstances. One husband was so old the state could have intervened.

I've talked with holier than thou classmates. How do you get upset when you are disfellowshipped for having a child out of wedlock? I feel strongly that children should have both parents. The WT was clear about premarital sex.

In fact, I was so terrified that when Ringo's son popped out early, I was furious. When a few years later I purchased the official biography from the fan club, I was disappointed to read about John Lennon. Hey, better to kill the proof. Ringo was very popular. Not a single Catholic schoolmate remained a fan after the day we did the calculations.

Intellectually, I understand about a sex drive being necessary. For someone who has read Henry Miller and other writers, I realize something in me is not whole. Perhaps I am the only who felt yucky for reaching adolescence. My father's violence became a life and death matter around the same time. I was upset by all the sex at college. Yet I would also be upset if there not sex. Crazy. Well, I recall this was a hot topic in the 1960s. It is not now.

• prologos
    prologos

Are the elders not required to do interrogation [from terror] about 'purity' before a KH wedding?

In some cultures the engaged individuals go into a cloister mode, while others mingle, they are always chaperoned, separated, the no-touch single.

I think I know of one couple there, that had their first cheek-to-lips kiss on the KH platform, After the ceremony, but before the signing. At the prompting of the camera man. both Josephs worked it that way too.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

One thing that seems universal is that every one else seems to get more than you do, especially when you are young and full of hormones. i had lots of fun during my adolescence, there was plenty of groping and heavy breathing but the idea of pre-marital sex or anything flesh to flesh leading to it was a total taboo.

The level of sexual frustration and pent up desire after steamy dates could have powered a small city. In my selfish, ignorant youth it never crossed my mind that this may have been reciprocal, if I had realised my future may have been very different.

The worst thing abbout it was the festering guilt. I think that the whole religion runs on it like gas in its tank. I hope kids now have thrown off the big brother in the sky watching everything you do complex and just get on with enjoying their lives. Just do it responsibly.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit