Recorded Phone Call With WT on Baptism - new video and article

by RayPublisher 20 Replies latest members private

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

WT Elder: " The name Jehovah was used all through the Hebrew scriptures".

Really? Considering that name was invented in the 15 th century a.d. by a Catholic monk it is impossible for "Jehovah" to have been in the Hebrew scriptues.

Interesting how many times the Elder says "I thinK" rather than go to some definite source material to answer questions. Evidence is not necessary....he has his beliefs (actually WT beliefs) and evidence is not needed to support those beliefs.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

So many people are catching things I missed and I've listened to it several times...I love it.

I've got one more recording to put on YouTube it's gonna be a whoppper and I can't wait to for the ex-JW superstars to slice it up and analyze it!

• Comatose
    Comatose

At 15 minutes he says its creates a "crisis of conscience" for him. :)

• Truth seeker 674
    Truth seeker 674

At 15 minutes he says its creates a "crisis of conscience" for him.

I noticed that too Comotose must have got his spidey senses tingling.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Excellent job by the caller, I could almost feel the cognitive dissonace of the Bethel Elder. I noticed they right away wanted to know if you are active or a inactive JW. I'm glad these type of videos are getting circulated, (225 views already on the 1st day ).

I wonder what type of situation would develope at Bethel if they got flooded with calls done as intelligently as this from a wide selection of people? Might cause a crisis of faith for those doing the phone answering for the Corporation?

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

I was actually surprised that they even took his call...His comment about how "there are people out there that don't like organization" is telling...he had a ready-made answer for that but it was weak like most of his arguments.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

It's incredible. That caller structured and handled it all very well. It's set up well, with a few aposto-words like 'crisis of conscience' and the mentioning of flip flops. That bethel Elder was pleasant enough, but he fell back on the secondary behaviour/distractions, using the old "who else says Jehovah" and "Who else preaches..." which were not actually points the caller was disputing in the first place!

The Watchtower is allowed to 'grow up' but a 14 year old who got baptised a JW has to believe that stuff without question their whole life: at 30, you can't decide to leave, allowed to move on spiritually...

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

It is incredible, especially the things the Bethel Rep gives away unknowingly.

• JWOP
    JWOP

Did you ever notice that when a person calls the Watchtower Society, very rarely are they given the name of the WT rep they are speaking to.

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

The rep is told not to give out their name, as they are "The Society" when taking the call.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit