What Is The "Typical" Elder In The Organization Like Now?

by minimus 31 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What Is The "Typical" Elder In The Organization Like Now?

I`d do Anything!..

For the WBT $ !! ..

.......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif ...OUTLAW

• label licker
    label licker

LOL! That's hilarious, Outlaw. It would look more real if there's a cleaver or huge knife in his hands dripping with apostate blood.

• minimus
    minimus

Stepford men.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

One things' for certain, there is no change in how repeatedly Elders use and re-use, say and re-say the name 'Jehovah' in their congregation talks.

This reminds me the of the video Cedars put together of Bethel speaker Steven Bell on the talk at the 2013 convention urging parents to shun their children. In listening to the 8 minute rant he repeats the name 'Jehovah' over 25 times. Over-kill! And mind you his talk was based on Mat 10:32-38 which says nothing about 'Jehovah', however the one who is speaking in that chapter in Matthew is Jesus himself. Hardly any mention of him!

This reminds me also of the CO's visit about a month ago. Same thing with him. He had a 30 minute talk entitled who knows what, but what really caught my attention was how many damn times he repeats the name 'Jehovah'. I counted nearly 40 times and again the scriptures he used were for the most part from the Christain Greek Scriptures, nothing to do with 'Jehovah' and the words of none other Jesus himself! And again hardly any mention of Jesus.

Anyway, when I hear grown and supposedly seasoned speakers like Elders, COs, DOs and Bethel speakers overuse 'Jehovah', often many times in a sentence, I can't help but think of a kindergardener excited to talk about his favorite action hero!

• Cinciguy74
    Cinciguy74

From what I have seen in my wife's congregation, the elders there are clueless. Two of them are barely in their 30s and have no children, one is in his 40s, but is so busy with his own dealings he doesn't have any time, and the last is in his 60s and is so involved with WTS projects that he is never around.

They leave the two younger ones who have time to shepherd the flock. In this case, that means brow beating them when they don't agree and generally being unkind and uncaring.

• minimus
    minimus

They only follow what the manual says. There's no wisdom.

• friendaroonie
    friendaroonie

Every now and then I hear about an elder or a congregation doing things that I know are impossible. Yet they seem to be true. My pastor, who actually died recently, shot by police a month ago (a story I am not going to get into here) told me that he met some JWs in his prison ministry up in Tehachapi that asked to come to a church in the Central Valley and give a full blown talk with a question and answer bit at the end. I balked at this crazy story and he swore it was the truth. The elders came in after the church's sermon, walked straight up to the stage, (did not bow their heads or say amen when thye church locals were praying) gave a 20-30 minute talk followed by q and a and offered Bible studies to the entire church. They gave their contact info and invited my friend, Pastor Juan to come to their Kingdom Hall. I begged Juan to let me go with him, but I guess he never got around to going to the Kingdom Hall. The elder did mention that it was not a Watchtower arrangement and asked that they did not contact Patterson to inquire of this little project. Very strange, yet it turned out to be true.

Also, my friend's father is getting baptized as a JW. She tells me that he is allowed to do anything he wants to do as a JW: celebrate birthdays, Christmas, Father's Day, take blood transfusions, pursue his writing career (he writes science fiction book, apocalyptic science fiction books whose premise is a future that is totally different from what the Watchtower foretells. At one point, she wanted me to talk to him because I straight up accused her father of lying to her about the realities of life as a JW, but then later she recinded the offer. She says her dad is very smart and would never get involved in a group like the one I describe to her. She says, "Well, maybe you just had bad experience and maybe his experience is just a better one."

(Sigh. If only we'd never heard that one before. If only they would listen to us...Oh well, they'll be back one day saying, "If only I had listened to you and had my father exited when it was still possible. Now he is preaching to my daughter and she is going to meetings. She's dropped out of Musical Theater performing arts school and wants to get a secretarial job.."

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

mmmm... Tired, confused, struggling with cognitive dissonance, facing their mortality and wondering where the H*** Jehovah is? Or totally indoctrinated and reaping the benefits of positions within the WTBTS, not really caring what happens as long as the pool at Warwick get's finished?

• scary21
    scary21

JWGoneBad I feel the same way.It's like they get points for every time they say Jehovah. They think if they get enough, if will get them a ticket to paradise.

• scary21
    scary21

One Elder here is very nice and pretty smart. He is close to 80 years old. The COBE is dumber than Jethro Bodine. Yes way dumber. He can't string two coherent sentences together. He is about 65 years old. Why is HE the COBE and not the smarter one ? If there are more elders here, I never met them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit