All Apostasy Disfellowshippings Overturned?

by bytheirworks 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

We all know that only 8 men in the Governing Body are the "faithful & discreet slave" right?

So then, read the July 15th carefully:

Jesus warned about an evil slave who concludes in his heart that the master is delaying and who starts to beat his fellow slaves. When the master arrives, said Jesus, he will punish that evil slave “with the greatest severity.”

Jesus did not say he would appoint an evil slave. His words here are actually a warning directed to the faithful and discreet slave. Notice that Jesus introduces the warning with the words

“if ever.” One scholar says that in the Greek text, this passage “for all practical purposes is a hypothetical condition.” In effect, Jesus was saying: ‘If the faithful and discreet slave were ever to mistreat his fellow slaves in these ways, this is what the master will do when he arrives.’ -- w13 7/15 24 (Box)

WHAT A JOY it is to come across this new information brothers & sisters.

This means that NO "other sheep" JW should have ever been disfellowshipped for apostasy. Why? Because they were never a Governing Body member, they were NEVER IN A POSITION to be an evil slave & so NEVER HAD THE POTENTIAL to beat their fellow slaves.

Further, it means that NO "anointed" non-Governing Body JW should have ever been disfellowshipped for apostasy. Why? Because they were never a Governing Body (GB) member, they were NEVER IN A POSITION to be an evil slave & so NEVER HAD THE POTENTIAL to beat their fellow slaves.

Even further, this means that the disfellowshipping of Raymond Franz would need to be overturned. Why? Eventhough he was a Governning Body Member, he HAD RESIGNED and was serving as a regular brother in the congregation. So now that we has a regular brother, he was NEVER IN A POSITION to be an evil slave & so NEVER HAD THE POTENTIAL to beat their fellow slaves.

Evidently, and, in view of the foregoing, the question is: Has there ever been any Governing Body member who has beat their fellow slaves? Certainly that man would be "IN A POSITION" and would have "HAD THE POTENTIAL" to beat their fellow slaves.

When you read the vitriolic rantings by Rutherford in the Watchtower against the four ousted directors, and when you read the vitriolic rantings by Rutherford in the Watchtower against Olin Moyle... the answer is plainly noticeable to those with spiritual insight.

--------------

Questions: (a) When should a disfellowshipping for apostasy be overturned? (b) Who manifested the spirit of the evil slave?

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Surely Apostasy does not mean one has to be a member of the "Evil Slave Class" from the JW point of view ? Surely one could simply apostasize, reject the teaching of the GB/WT, and yet not "beat his brothers" ?

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

wrong Phizzy. that would be a disassociation.

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

@ PHIZZY

The salient and clear point being made is, that only a member of the so-called FDS class has the ability, potential and opportunity to become "an evil slave" and beat up members of "the faithful slave class".

Therefore, accepting the WTBTS interpretation of Matthew 24:45-47 as correct, earthly-hopers cannot become evil slave members, because by definition, only "faithful slaves" can become "evil slaves" according to Jesus' words!!!!!

Good observation, BYTHEIRWORKS.

• bytheirworks
    bytheirworks

here here searcher. i got my inspiration from your past posts. wha wha

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I don't believe DFing has ANY scriptural basis (in fact I think the Bible is just man made).

That being said though I thought the scriptures the WBT$ use for this disgusting bullying practice were pretty much 2 John 10 and 1 Corinthians 5.

So....I might be missing the point here....how does Matt 24 feed into those scriptures?

Sorry to appear dim but I might just have missed the point here.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I am missing the point too, still, I must be thick !

As far as I can see, if someone is DF'd for Apostasy, as defined in the Flock book, whether or not they were looked upon by the BOE that DF'd them as part of the Evil Slave or not, their DFing is still going to stand.

Are you saying you cannot be an Apostate unless of the Anointed ?

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Let's get right to to the point: The GB are in control of this religion. Whatever they say goes. It's as simple as that. They make up the rules, they can and do change them.

Little things like logic, truth, consistency or even what is right simply do not matter.

If you don't like it, then leave. But you'll be shunned and labelled a "mentally diseased apostate" by those that remain.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

Phizzy has a valid point. Under WT policies/doctrines, an "apostate" is someone who disagrees with WT theology, whether that person vocalizes their disagreement or not. Simply having a differing view is enough to be labelled an "apostate".

Furthermore, if an "apostate" wants to be reinstated, they have to go through the same arduous process as anyone else. WT offers no amnesty, forgiveness or apologies for anything. The fact that many who left the Org. precisely because they had the correct view on matters, while the WT had the incorrect understanding, is irrelevant. Despite the fact that the so-called "apostates" were correct in their doctrinal/Biblical understanding, they still suffer punishment as a rebel (against WT, not the Bible).

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

"Reasoning From The Scriptures", page 34, defines apostasy this way:

"Apostasy is abandoning or deserting the worship and service of God, actually a rebellion against Jehovah God. Some apostates profess to know and serve God but reject teachings or requirements set out in his Word. Others claim to believe the Bible but reject Jehovah’s organization."

The Reasoning book later comments on page 35 in bold heading:

"Not only do they abandon the true faith but they then "beat" their former associates, using public criticism and other methods to hinder their work; the efforts of such apostates are devoted to tearing down, not building up"

"To be disfellowshipped, an apostate does not have to be a promoter of apostate views....If a baptized Christian abandons the teachings of Jehovah, as presented by the faithful and discreet slave, and persists in believing other doctrine despite Scriptural reproof, then he is apostasizing. Extended, kindly efforts should be put forth to readjust his thinking. However, if, after such extended efforts have been put forth to readjust his thinking, he continues to believe the apostate ideas and rejects what he has been provided through the 'slave class', then appropriate judicial action should be taken." (Letter to all Circuit and District Overseers, 9/1/80).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit