watchtower tones down apostate talk at august 3rd convention!

by nowwhat? 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

I have a recording on my IPAD of the Apostate talk from the July 26th date in Ohio. I recorded it myself so I can attest to its authenticity.

• Ding
    Ding

Who wants to draw followers after themselves more than the GB?

Who claims that the only way to God is by following them?

• tornapart
    tornapart

If it's in the UK it might have something to do with the hate speech laws....

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

It would seem that the european nations would come down more on hate speech than the US because of the close proximitee with one another can lead to war and tension if left unchecked, where as the US is more isolated because of the atlantic and pacific oceans and it doesn't pose that much of a threat. The United Nations recognizes the threat to peaceful relations has been foremost I think in recognizing Hate speech and xenophobic rhetoric needs to be delt with for avoidence of violence, and promoting peace and global cooperation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech

http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=44056#.Uf7xZNLOuP4

1 February 2013 – A multi-layered approach to countering hate speech that could incite genocide and other crimes against humanity is needed, given the limits of legislation and the imperative to preserve freedom of expression, the United Nations official dealing with the issue said today.

β€œIt is important to balance the principle of freedom of expression with the need to prevent or stop the most extreme cases of hate speech – those that have the potential to incite mass violence,” Adama Dieng, UN Special Adviser on the Prevention of Genocide, told a panel on the topic.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Narcissistic dog and pony show.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

There is one ex JW here in Australia who started his own religion. Claims he's the reincarnation of Jesus. When he was a JW he spent time in the Jabooba Home with schizophrenia. There are a couple in America who started their own ministries...

But that's only a handful...

• Indian Larry
    Indian Larry

My wife went to Raleigh this weekend. She said they did not mention Hitler, the blood issue, or pedophiles in the apostate talk. She said it was not as harsh as I had told her it would be. Perhaps they did tone it down some.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

28 Million dollar lawsuits kind of take the wind out of their sail.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Narc,

You got that right. I think the Governing Body might be feeling a little shakey right now and once they loss that lawsuit they will be shitting their pants like a bunch of yellowbellies, because that's just the first in a long procession of lawsuits.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

I am quite sure it is not a manuscript talk. This due to the illustrations/analogy used in the Danish talk that mentioned and elaborated about a very locally named disease. (Roskildsyken: vomit disease named after a city that hosts a major rock festival)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit