I'm famous...

by diana netherton 23 Replies latest jw friends

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

Very cool Diana.

By coincidence, we had somebody bring one of those machines to my house to type out my father-in-law's JC (we were told recordings not as good for police record). We were then hours away so JC was done by conference call. Two different houses patched into KH.

The stenographer listening into everything and typing away for hours. I can't imagine what she made of it all, we must have seemed like something out of Big Love to her! Myself, wife, SIL, three elders and child molestor all having it out! She didn't seem too upset by it though, must hear a lot in that profession.

PS... he was DF'd ... finally! We drove up for that meeting!

• diana netherton
    diana netherton

Thanks for all of your interest in my profession...it's something that you see on the telly but really don't think much about until you actually meet a reporter....that's my experience anyway.

Keeping track of things...well, you have to be on your game. I'm pretty old school in that I don't use audio backup hardly at all. When I first began having a tape recorder was verboten. Then laptops came along and our softward has a recording option, and now our machines even can audio record. I definitely can see the benefit of having it, but if there is too much reliance on it, you're in trouble if that audio fails. You better be getting it regardless. I rarely stop people unless I absolutely have to. I find that it interrupts the flow and attorneys get frustrated.

Band, you are right. Reporters were mostly male years ago. They were trained in the military most of them....however, it started to shift in the 80s when women started training, and now it's mainly looked at as predominantly female profession. Far fewer men! I was planning on going to law school myself and even finished my degree. But honestly, when I looked at the cost of law school and what I would be making as a new attorney, it came up as thousands of dollars less.

I can tell you all that this profession pays well. It's one of the few that you can have without a four-year degree. However, the process to get here is not easy. Only 10 percent of people enrolled in court reporting programs actually finish. You have to be dedicated completely. But if you're successful and you're willing to work hard, your efforts will pay off. The good thing about this profession is you can work at home doing captioning, freelance or court work. It's pretty flexible.

If you have any questions, let me know..or PM me.

Thanks!

• Giordano
    Giordano

First off......... sorry for what you have been going through recently. Second.... tell your boy friend he's an idiot. Third.....Your interview was terrific. Your personality shined through. Great communication skills........ there's a career in televison reporting waiting for you. Fourth.......tell your ex boyfriend he is still an idiot.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks for sharing Diana........It is nice to meet you as a person (so to speak) Your video looked good to me

BTW For a short while before I ran the link I thought you were from Lancaster in the U K That would have been nice, to have another Brit on here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit