Water Fluoridation

by still thinking 136 Replies latest jw friends

• still thinking
  • still thinking
    still thinking

"In point of fact, fluoride causes more human cancer death, and causes it faster than any other chemical."--Dean Burk -- Congressional Record 21 July 1976
    "They (ACS) lie like scoundrels."----Dean Burk, Ph.D., 34 years at the National Cancer Institute. —

Dr Dean Burk National Cancer Institute says his Fluoride study links to increase cancer risk -

"When you have power you don't have to tell the truth. That's a rule that's been working in this world for generations. And there are a great many people who don't tell the truth when they are in power in administrative positions."
    ---Dr. Dean Burk former head of National Cancer Institute Research

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzgKA5zMitQ

• designs
    designs

Get a water filter that can take out flouride, chlorines, ammonia (the municipalities have started adding ammonia to the water supplies) and the other crudd.

• still thinking
    still thinking

Many water filters that remove flouride add alluminium....and most don't remove flouride at all. It's more cost effective to NOT add flouride to everyones water in the first place. And very expensive to remove it. If you can without adding more harmful substances to your water.

Mass medication of the population should be illegal. There is no way to control dosages of fluoride when it is in our water. People who do physical work or excercise more will drink more water and increase their fluoride intake. Babies drinking formula made with fluorodated water, are recieving HUGE amounts of fluoride. And they do not need it. Our bodies DO NOT naturally need fluoride at all. And it is difficult for our bodies to process.

Too much fluoride causes many diseases for example fluorosis...which weakens bones causing osteoporosis and damages tooth enamel.

And studies have shown that their is minimal benefit to ingesting fluoride, the only benefit to teeth is if it is administered topically. And even then, it has to be administered in high doses. The calcium flouride that used to be given did have some benefit to bones. BUT that is NOT what is added to our water now. What we have added is hydrofluosilicic acid, a derivitive of the fertilizer industry...it is a waste product that is too toxic to dispose of any other way. So.....they put it in our drinking water. It is of NO benefit to us.

This is a symptom of fluorosis. If you can see this...the amount of damage done to your bones is irriversable.

• designs
    designs

If I have nightmares from that photo I'm putting pins in your voodoo doll

• still thinking
  • still thinking
    still thinking
    dental fluorosis bellingham
    Dental fluorosis from Fluoridated water : the future look of Bellingham resident's teeth?

Dentist David Kennedy discusses how fluoridated water causes fluorosis, expected dental fluorosis rates in fluoridated communities, and the costs of correcting dental fluorosis damage.

The opaque white spots and brown ugly discoloration on the teeth of the young lady pictured here (one of my patients) is a case of dental fluorosis resulting from fluoridation.

The structural damage to her fluorotic teeth can never be repaired. The cosmetic damage can only be corrected by replacing the fluorotic enamel with porcelain veneers and crowns at a cost of $600 per tooth times 28 teeth or about $16,000 for this young lady. Replacement of crowns and reapplication of the veneers could bring the lifetime cost of repairing this damage to $30,000 or more. On average, 10 teeth will be affected that will need repair at a cost of $6000 initially and at least $15,000 over a lifetime.

As a result of fluoridation, 150,000 children (30% of the approximately 500,000 children at each 1 -year age group) will fall victim to dental fluorosis each year. This will result in an initial cost of $6000 X 150,000 or 900 million dollars per year! As maintenance is added in over a lifetime, this figure will increase to 3.3 billion dollars per year, in 1995 dollars, after 70 years, assuming the population of children does not change. And remember, this only corrects for cosmetic damage. The structural damage resulting from dental fluorosis can never be repaired. Nor can the psychological damage that results from these unsightly teeth.

To make things worse, we have known for years that malnourished and minority children are most susceptible to dental fluorosis. In 1952, Maury Massler and Isaac Schour, two of the most prestigious dentists in the United States at that time, published a paper showing that while well-nourished children drinking fluoridated water experienced a dental fluorosis rate of 25%, poorly nourished children experienced a fluorosis rate of 60% (Journal of the American Dental Association 44:156165 (1952)).

If you really want to dramatically reduce tooth decay, pass a bill that enables a team of hygienist to apply sealants to the vulnerable biting surfaces of the permanent teeth. Make this quality care available for every child in California at a fraction of the cost you are now paying to treat dental disease. Sealants seal out decay before it destroys the integrity of the tooth. This method is 100% successful in preventing decay where the sealant remains intact.(Simonsen JADA 100:535-539, 1980) If it wears off then just reseal the tooth again. No drilling, no mutilation, no shots, no trauma, no tears, no disease. Why are we not doing this already you ask?

• still thinking
    still thinking

(the municipalities have started adding ammonia to the water supplies) and the other crudd.

Why are they adding that designs?

• Tiktaalik
    Tiktaalik

I wish I had access to fluoridated water when I was a little tacker. I have spent thousands of dollars fixing and repairing my teeth.

Despite all the huffing and puffing from the anti-fluoro crowd, fluoridation is a cost effective method of delivering dental healthcare on a community wide scale. It carries a very low risk for other health effects. The dosage rates are very low.

• JeffT
    JeffT

When I was young the anti-floridation crowd consisted almost exclusivly of ultra-right wing nut cases that said it was a communist plot.

I guess times have changed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit