'Mentally diseased' was nothing new

by The Quiet One 14 Replies latest jw friends

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

"The WatchTower of October 1, 1909, said: “All who cut loose from the Society and its work, instead of prospering themselves or upbuilding others in the faith and in the graces of the spirit, seemingly do the reverse—attempt injury to the Cause they once served, and, with more or less noise,gradually sink into oblivion, harming only themselves and others possessed of a similarly contentious spirit. . . .They seem inoculated with madness, Satanic hydrophobia [rabies]." http://sianrose.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/beware-of-the-evil-slave/

• Laika
    Laika

That article is old light, there's no evil slave anymore.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

I guess you have nothing to add except for a sarcastic quip or a criticism, judging by what you put on my other thread as well.. How old the article is, or how out of date is irrelevant. If you had bothered to read the thread title, you may have understood my point.

• Laika
    Laika

quiet one, I wasn't criticising your posts, I was critiquing the author of the blogs you linked to.

Re: The other thread - the author just copied and pastes her argument from the Watchtower Library CD.

Re: This thread - what the author posted in 2011 is old light in 2013, demonstrating how ridiculous her article is.

Sorry that wasn't more clear.

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Ok, no worries ;)

• Stealth
    Stealth

The Watchtower, recycling the same crap for over 100 years.

• steve2
    steve2

If you recycle old crap often enough you can burn enough calories to remain stick thin, despite gorging on all the junk food at District Conventions.

• sd-7
    sd-7

Fascinating. I just pulled up my .pdf copy of this article. The same argumentation is still being used today. I'll quote part of it just to show you. Here's the paragraph that part of the above quote is from p. 294-295 (or [4484] as at the bottom of the page):

"But while.we are willing that others should go anywhere

and everywhere to find food and light to their satisfaction,

strange to say, those who become our opponents take a very

different course. Instead of saying in the manly fashion of the

world, “I have found something- which I prefer; goodbye!”

these manifest anger, malice, hatred, strife, “works of the flesh

and of the devil” such as we have never known worldly people

to exhibit. They seem inoculated with madness, Satanic hydrophobia."

Hmm. You're right. It is nothing new!

--sd-7

• The Quiet One
    The Quiet One

Thanks sd-7, that part is quoted on the page actually, but this shows that the same mentality runs throughout the last century. No newspaper coverage back then, though..

• FrankieGoesToHollywood
    FrankieGoesToHollywood

It´s almost as if the JW-leadership have copied communistic propaganda:

The Stasi perfected the technique of psychological harassment of perceived enemies known as Zersetzung – a term borrowed from chemistry which literally means "corrosion" or "undermining".-Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stasi

Well, anyone that have doubts about "the true faith" wether communism or JW´s "unique" theology must endure hate-propaganda as "dangerous" dissidents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit