Another Suicide

by Billy the Ex-Bethelite 67 Replies latest watchtower medical

• free2Bme13
    free2Bme13

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend Billy. For as much as we lose people in our lives I always feel at a loss as to what to say. It's hard to lose someone, but especially hard when they were in enough pain to take their own life. Please don't beat yourself up; we are not responsible for what other people do. I hope you have some close friends you can lean on.

Free

BTW, I always enjoy your posts. They seem to bring a much needed humor and laugh to the forum :)

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Sorry to hear that Billy :'(

I sadly know out of first hand how it feels to loose a person who commited suicide. It happened 15 years ago but I remember it although it all happened yesterday. My best friend ringed me on an evening asking me if we wanted to go out... I told him I couldn't, besides, we had gone the evening before... I told him we could go next week... he hanged himself that evening.

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

I'm so sorry about your friend (((((((hugs)))))))))))) lots of love xoxoxox

I know there are no words to help you right now but xoxxoxox!!!!!!!

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

I'm so sorry to hear of yr loss Billy. And thanks for sharing

A young jw in her early 20's took her life about a month ago. I didn't know her that well but when our paths crossed, she was always so bubbly & funny & was always friendly towards me.

• Scott77
    Scott77

He went to a congregation that was just recovering from serious problems. I remember going through a lot of that stuff. It was certainly depressing for me. But there's no going back to try to save him. It's just so sad.
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Thank you alot Billy the Ex-Bethelite for your caring attitude. It is a far cry from the 'mother'. I cannot imagine an organisaion that ruthlesly takes advantage of young people and then discard then as if they are trash. Even geting a job at Walmart requires a reference. The Watchtower Socieity with its many anti worldly bias is hardly a good one.

Scott77

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Sorry to hear that Billy. Thank you for sharing, because it reminds anyone of us that there are people who will feel sorry and pain for this.

I was still in Bethel and left one day, without telling my former wife that I was planning to commit suicide. It was so strange and fuzzy, on the other hand I didn't have any fear, I just wanted to get through with it...obviously I couldn't and drove back to Bethel. To stay in there for another 2 years and to go through a long fade of 5 years that was bumpy and brought me once more to the brink of suicide plans.

Hearing this always helps to think about the consequences. The truth is we all will die anyway, why not enjoy the ride as much as you can as long as it lasts. Dying is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

My first Bible study - a young man in his 20s, got baptized and started pioneering and all. Then he started fading and avoiding me, eventually he got disfellowshipped because of his homosexuality (I knew about it because of our long conversations during our Bible studies). A couple of weeks later he threw himself in front of a night train. His family (not witnesses) started talking to everyone and even the press that the Witnesses had killed their son/brother because of their thinking (this was in Germany). I felt for years miserable and sick, because I was the one that "brought him into "the Truth"". I went to his apartment to help with his personal belongings and entering the bedroom was the creepiest experience ever - he had tons of photocopied Watchtower and Awake articles posted all over the walls, with thick underlining and fluorescent markings on specific phrases and paragraphs - very wild. They where all about topics like Masturbation and Homosexuality. He must have gone through mental hell.

My first sad encounter with the destruction of Lifes. I would come across many more, but that took years to realize.

• still thinking
    still thinking

so sorry Billy....

• oppostate
    oppostate

I'm very sorry to hear this news.

My sympathies and thoughts with you and your friend's family.

-Oppo

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'm sorry Billy. There is nothing great for me to say to you... But, I hope you know I wish I could do something for you. I've been through something like this too. Please, hang in there. I'll be thinking about you.

• finally awake
    finally awake

so sorry Billy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit