Role Reversal: Placing 1969 Awake with JW's Manning the New Portable Literature Displays

by snapdragon4 79 Replies latest jw friends

• hotspur
    hotspur

Snapdragon4 - You have replies

• sir82
    sir82

This experience, if repeated a few hundred or thousand times, would put a quick end to the "public witnessing initiative".

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

" This experience, if repeated a few hundred or thousand times, would put a quick end to the "public witnessing initiative".

Well, let's find out. Those of us still in can inform local " apostates " of the locations of Urban Witnessing carts. If one of us was at the cart or table, we could really get a good conversation going! I imagine the longer everyone is civil, the more people can be helped. I bet the WTBTS sends out their best once the news spreads of counter-witnessing. They may only allow certain ones to man these tables and carts. They will not want to shut down this program as it is evidence of Jah's blessing. It will be interesting to see how things turn out.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Now that's what I call cool!

I think Liz was simply too stunned to come to her daughter’s rescue,

Priceless. No screeching ''apostate(tm)'' from Liz then.

• snapdragon4
    snapdragon4

punkofnice, you have a PM

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

I have replied

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Open Mind - I'm sure it's just a matter of megabytes. Couldn't be that they don't want rank-and-file JWs to read stuff like that.

Good question. The CD library uses little over half the disk space. Plenty of room to include all those wonderful Awakes and Golden Ages.

Besty, I have updated the scan to include both pages of the article. It can be found at Awake! 1969 May 22 pages 14-15

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

As most of us know, it's easy to excuse ourselves and walk away from a door when we sense "trouble" or an "apostate."

It's much more difficult to control things when you have a booth or cart and the public is watching and listening.

Rub a Dub

• Oubliette
  • Oubliette
    Oubliette

Well done!

Beautiful set-up and brilliant delivery.

I'm so glad you conducted yourself in a respectful, caring manner.

Maybe you've saved that little 14 year old girl's life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit