NEW BIBLE RELEASE

by The Searcher 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Some of the older dubs have many handwritten notes in their Bibles and won't want to start again.

That is true, a sister in my congregation is still using her 1960 'Green' NWT, full of underlining and annotations.

The invites to the AGM has caused quite a bit of controversy in my neck of the woods. All elders, wives, MS's and Pioneers get an automatic invite. In addition to that 'certain others' have been selected. However, Brothers & Sisters with 60 or 70 years faithful service have been left out. They are not well pleased.

Interesting that oppostate has seen the new Bible. Let's hope he can get a picture of it on here before October.

George

• mP
    mP

i wonder if they will include the OT.

• oppostate
    oppostate

Here's GB member Pierce with a new edition NWT copy on hand.

This is the prototype that some DOs and COs and others of the Bethel Priviligentsia got to try out.

I had a chance to thumb through it and the only content change I noticed was the addition of appendices that had only previously appeared in Reference Bible and KIT editions.

The cover was of soft grey leather and the edges were gilt in silver.

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1zJo41dcGP4eQOhXJsRgA2AAAViSqBf_p3H1PCJ6qGWc/pub?w=960&h=720

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1zJo41dcGP4eQOhXJsRgA2AAAViSqBf_p3H1PCJ6qGWc/edit?usp=sharing

• Comatose
    Comatose

I wonder if this would get certain friends to use a paper bible instead of a tablet? Wouldn't work on me!

• Comatose
    Comatose

"Many brothers and sisters have been very thankful to have such a beautiful and complete bible available for a voluntary donation. Some have been heard remarking that similar bibles in a book store are very expensive. Are we not all appreciative and over joyed at what Jehovah provides?"

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

They're probably running out of money so are going to amalgamate their corporation with the Mormans or some such looney cult. Then we can expect a real messed up hybrid bible.

Perhaps the Vatican are buying out the JWs.

Maybe the JWs are going to join forces with Islam to kill 'apostates(TM)'.

...............er....................actually I haven't a clue.........just musing over some interesting possibilities.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Thanks oppostate, it's good to get the info before the elders!

As comatose said, they will really rake in some money from this. They will knock them out for pennies and expect to be paid pounds. It's always worked in the past.

George

• Terry
    Terry

If you get 7 million people to buy a product automatically you can pay your court costs and fines more easily.

Seems pretty obvious to me. Are you listening Conti lawyers? Payday is on the way.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

So much easier and way more profitable to knock out some expensive looking Bibles with a suggested donation of $$$$$ than a flimsy new "study aid" with it's disingenuous statements and quotes which can all be discredited via the internet.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

He's probably repeating rumours he read on JWN.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit