JW women and breast implants or other cosmetic surgery

by Comatose 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigmac
    bigmac

this is all so sexist. in these days of equal opportunity--why shouldnt the brothers have breast augmentation too? i'm sure there are many men in the organisation that would look so much better with bigger tits.

• designs
    designs

bigmac- believe it or not there were some bros getting their junk 'enhanced'.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

the one thing that needs to be bigger - the BRAIN - cannot be enhanced surgically. Too bad!

• Comatose
    Comatose

Now, as mentioned above if it is reconstructive then all criticism is off the table for me.

Its just the plain old I don't like what my DNA gave me witnesses I'm griping about.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

With the way sisters are treated in the organization, to be seen and not heard, many sisters probably feel their appearance is all that they have. Their sex appeal is their power and as they age, they lose this power. For an elders wife it is probably worse, hubby gone all the time dealing with problems and she would love to have some of the attention he is lavishing on the problem people and the congregation. She tries to get some of his time by sexing herself up.

• talesin
    talesin

Another perspective, too, is that they believe that you should 'do no harm to the body'. Isn't that why smoking is wrong?

Any surgery with general anaesthetic puts your life at risk. Also, the complications from bad implants can be life-threatening.

The same applies to rhinoplasty. Many people who have it, have serious sinus problems for the rest of their life.

Lipo? Another life-threatening procedure.

hmmm

tal

• Simon
    Simon

bluesbrother: I suspect the US is quite different to the UK when it comes to cosmetic surgery. Certain places in the US are probably very different than others too.

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

A young sister, who married her husband after about 3 months (but both their families were from Mediterranean backgrounds, so that's OK) had breast enhancement surgery after about a year.

Her husband, a giant d**k at the best of times, ACTUALLY said this:

"I finally feel like I've married a real woman"

I asked her when she thought she would feel like she'd married a real man. OK, I didn't, but I thought that about 3 minutes after...

• rebel8
    rebel8

Never heard of this in a kh. What country/state are you in?

• frogonmytoe
    frogonmytoe

This was in the UK.

In the same hall there was a sister who had had breast and, erm, posterior enhancement surgery. But at least that was supposed to be a secret...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit