Zealous Witnesses who never had children and regret it now.

by MsGrowingGirl20 36 Replies latest jw friends

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

It's funny...I've actually never really felt like there was pressure on couples to NOT have kids in the area where I grew up-- or maybe it's more generational. I feel like couples who have the means and circumstances to have children and DON'T are looked at with suspicion. There are quite a few couples in my area who both work full time at decent jobs and choose not to have kids and they are constantly badgered by those of the 50+ crowd with statements like:

"Oh, we wish you two would finally just start a family", or

"It's such a shame that none of you couples seem to be having kids", or

"It's so sad. When we were younger, everyone had 3 kids by your age. There were little ones running all over the hall after the meetings. Hardly anyone has kids these days."

Then you watch the looks on their faces when you reply:

"I'd love to have kids too, but given the fact that only 1 in 3 kids stay in 'The Truth' TM , I really don't want to take those chances of never getting to talk to my kids or grandkids someday. Would YOU play those odds?"

They get this depressed/forlorn/sad look of realization across their face and mutter something about "well I'm sure that wouldn't happen in your case" and quickly end the conversation.

R_O

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I also wonder how many couples there are where at least one person is "awake", but with family keeping them in they are afraid to have kids because then they're forced to either start indoctrinating their young kids or take a stand and suffer the consequences. So instead they choose not to have kids to continue flying under the radar.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

My husband and I pioneered for ten years. He desperately wanted to become a circuit overseer. He never, ever wanted to be burdened with children. I was just the lowly woman that was there to serve the man in what he wanted. When I got pregnant he was beside himself with grief. He even thought that maybe I could go away for a few months and then secretly put the child up for adoption (and no one would ever find out). I had two daughters back to back. My ex never gave up the dream of being a JW super star. When I left him and took full custody of the girls, he never fought it. His only interest has only been his position as a JW.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Magwitch:

Your story is unbelievably sad and I cannot believe your husband thought so little of his own flesh and blood and instead looked for adulation from stupid people!

I am glad you got custody of your girls. If I were them and that was my father, I would want nothing to do with him.

• MsGrowingGirl20
    MsGrowingGirl20

@ Magwitch.....What a twisted man! Thank goodness you didn't listen.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Not to go off topic.

But just as sad are those zealous JWs who do have children, children who for whatever reason are DF'd or DA'd and shunned by their parents.

I know many JW parents who are so staunch in their loyalty to the WT and who for years haven't so much have said one word to their XJW children and their children's children (grandchildren). Eventually parents who fall under this category will come face to face with these regrets. Sad indeed!

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

This is a sad, sad topic.

Once you know TTATT the JW religion looks ridiculous but when you are in, and they put a God guilt on you, you become like dough in their hands. lol

God wants you to pioneer.

No, do not get married. Do not think of having natural desires like having a partner, home and family.

God wants you to donate your life to us because God told us that.

And you must believe us, or we will destroy your credibility, your life and we will treat you like cast off garbage, so donate your life, your money, your life, your money and after we have drained you of your life and all your money, we might as well kick you out like garbage because if you are not donating to us, we don't care about you.

You want us to visit you in your old age, better have us look after your Power of Attorney.

Are you now in a Nursing Home with no husband/wife, no children nor any grandchildren?

Eureka!

If you sign over all of your useful " sellable " assets we will occasionally drop by your Nursing Home to make sure you have not kicked the bucket because as soon as you are dead, we are now entitled to scrap in all OUR winnings and haul in all OUR dough.

Laughing all the way to the Bank thinking, oh Sheeples, God love them.

Somebody has too.

There is nobody else.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit