Who Taught You The Truth(tm) OR Who Counted Time, On You?

by LoisLane looking for Superman 34 Replies latest jw friends

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

My mom's Lover would bring his handsome youngest son, to our house, and along with my Dad, would study with my Brother, sister and I. Wed 7 PM.

Next an Elder's wife, who was a regular pioneer and worked part-time, who had a daughter my age, came to our house, after school Wed. Ruth was the head of the house and wore the pants. Her husband was part of the 3 men who sat on all judicial committees in our congo and would tell Ruth everything, which in turn Ruth would tell the sister's. Ruth was very pious but at the age of 15 gave birth to her only child, and beat on her daughter all the time, never letting her forget what "trouble" her only daughter caused her.

At age 11, a new sister came to our congo and to help her with her reg pio hours, the Study was handed over to her for a short time. Emily was the cheerful sister who 15 years later, when she died, her husband married her much younger Caregiver.

From 12 - 13, my mom would drop me off at Rosemary's house. She Studied with me, one of her daughters my age and Ruth's only daughter. We studied in the orangie -pink Paradise book.

In the early Spring of 1963, I talked Ruth's daughter, Emily's daughter, Rosemary's 2 older daughter's, and my sister, into all of us getting baptized together. Which we did.

Who taught you the Truth(tm) or counted time on you?

Just Lois

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

My parents and I started studying in 1968 with a very studious, scholarly brother. He really was an excellent teacher and seemed to know so much. He was very quiet and unassuming. We studied out of the blue truth book, but he went into a lot more detail, using older publications. I still remember some of the things he said and taught. We were so impressed by him, we all just lapped it. I was only 13, it all seemed so logical. I remember being taught the trinity at church and not really believing it, so that was a big part of why I bought the rest of it. I also loved nature, so the idea of a paradise earth was appealing. And that's how I got duped into joining the cult.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

"My mom's Lover would bring his handsome youngest son, to our house, and along with my Dad, would study with my Brother, sister and I. Wed 7 PM."

Lois - You know that needs more explanation (especilally since you mention your Dad in the same sentence)

• cantleave
    cantleave

Born in, indoctrinated by my mother from birth.

• cantleave
    cantleave

edit - double post

• talesin
    talesin

ShirleyW ... I wish I knew which 'sock puppet' you were... but who cares?

Lois,,, ignore that comment,,, she/he/it is just a malicious person who likes making ppl feel bad ..

xoxoxo

tal

• blondie
    blondie

My mother never studied with us but she counted her time so she would not be counted as irregular. My siblings came in on reading the publications and going to the meetings. We are a studious group, too bad, might have left earlier. In the end it was my mother's hypocrisy that opened my eyes and I finally left.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Born in from a crazy family, parents never studied with me no one ever did, but when I was 12 my sister who was 19 years old at the time decided she wanted to get baptized. There is just my sister and I no other siblings. My parents told her the only way they would allow her to get baptized was if we all did it together. I did not a voice in any of it. I just did as I was told. Three elders at different times came over to do the questions with the four of us at the same time. None of the elders asked me anything. Finally the third elder said LITS has not answered one question and she must to get baptized, so he asked me what was God's name, I said Jehovah and thus I got dunked.

LITS

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

A fine Bethelite couple called on us for over a year, then we started studying. We liked them and we didn't have many friends to speak of. Before long we were attending all the meetings.

Fast forward 30 years, none of us have anything to do with WT. Many, many hurtful things happened. We have learned many expensive lessons. But we're doing okay with normal living. We still don't have friends, but at least we're not lying to ourselves that we have FRIENDS.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hi Tal, I don't feel bad. It is just the reality of the way I was raised. It is part of who I am.

The Lover's wife, was like a second Mother to me. I loved her dearly. I loved the whole Family.

Through the decades, my parents and sister were invited to all of their Family functions. I was not.

I wasn't even informed when these two old family friends died. It was told to me by my sister, months/years later, as an after thought .

I called this youngest son, a year ago, when my Life was falling apart. It would have helped me so much, to feel the hand of old friendship, through the wires of

the telephone, but he decided, I guess, not to return my phone call.

Just Lois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit