1969 "fact": You will never grow old in this present system of things

by Ding 123 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things. Why not? Because all the evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years... Therefore, as a young person, you will never fulfill any career that this system offers. If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

Notice how this was presented as a FACT: you WILL never grow old in this present system of things.

ALL the evidence in fulfillment of Biblical prophecy indicates that this corrupt system would end in a few years.

No sense going to college or seeking a career, because by 1973 or 1975 or 1977 this system "will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone!"

If you were a 16 year old high school student when this was published, you were born in 1953.

Trusting the WTS, you didn't go to college or get a career but instead started pioneering.

You got married at 18 and in 1973 (at age 20) you had a daughter.

Trusting the WTS, you taught her that she would never grow old in this system of things.

So she didn't go to college or get a career; she got married at 18 and in 1993 (when you were 40), she had your first granddaughter.

Trusting the WTS, she taught your granddaughter that she would never grow old in this system of things.

So she didn't go to college or get a career; she got married at 18 and just this year (2013), she had your first great-granddaughter.

You are now 60, you still have no college education, no career, no retirement plan, and you are still pioneering, as are your daughter and grand-daughter.

In 5 years, when you are 65, you will accompany your great-granddaughter to a meeting at the Kingdom Hall, where she will learn that she will never grow old in this system of things.

• Laika
    Laika

Good post Ding. I've been making this point to two JWs, they are spending their lives serving the same promises that did not come true for the generations that came before them.

• Jeannette
    Jeannette

Yes, but look what kind of money you raked in for the Society.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Yup, I'm about the same age. I threw away college oppertunities in favor of coasting through my senior year of high school and marrying at age 17. The only difference between us is that my only child left the WTBT$ and has no children. The horrible cycle is broken on one side of my family because the others gave up having children as the "END" was sooooo close. Those family members are either dead or alone in the rest home.

• Steve_C
    Steve_C

I was six years old when this article came out. I remember being told I wouldn't graduate high school in this system. I'm now 50, on the downward slide of growing old. So glad I got out of this cult relatively young while still in my 30s.

I'm curious, has the society ever officially made any comments about this particular article? It seems pretty damning.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

Steve: Whenever they address past predictions of Armageddon, they always spin it to blame the individual. You'll see phrases like, "Some brothers have had false expectations." They will NEVER admit they fucked up with 1975.

• James Brown
    James Brown

I was 17 when that came out. Didn't go to college went to work and pioneered.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

Hey Ding.

I placed/sold a lot of those magazines.

The Elder's giving talks were fanatical. The religion was and is ludicrous.

There was NO urgency.

The Publishing Firm Business Headquarters in Brooklyn, wanted to make a name for themselves in their Field.

What to do?

Tell ridiculous lies, millions now living will never die, hook adherents up with a purpose of "sell this book, sell this magazine, otherwise people will die and it will

be YOUR FAULT".

The Publishing Firm Business Headquarters achieved what they wanted.

To scare uneducated people to work for them for free, selling Headquarter's wares, to like minded uneducated people.

1975 came and went, of course, just like our youth came and went.

Now it is 2013 and they are still ranting to their free labor that they are not allowed an education to better themselves.

They still tell their free labor that they cannot have a career for themselves. They are wicked if they even think this ungodly word. lol

This is pure out right deceit.

The 8 Governing Popes at "Headquarters" in Brooklyn, are happily anticipating moving into their brand new Lakeside Country Estate in 3 1/2 years. The main

urgency they are trying to enforce right now, is NOT Armageddon is coming, but it's hurry up you slave labor and build us our new HOME. lol

Getting pregnant for me was a fluke. At first, I felt untheocratic. I never planned on having a family. Now I wish I had a dozen children and dozen's of

Grandchildren. I want the Grandchildren so badly, and there is always hope, but the reality is, like my JW wasted life, Grandchildren will probably never

happen for me.

JW Leader's destroy lives for their own gain. Unethical barely covers it.

Just Lois who was told since the early 1950's, Armageddon was just around the corner.

• Ding
    Ding

Today the GB speaks in terms of "failed expectations" as if it were all some insignificant misunderstanding.

They don't care at all about all the JWs like you, Just Lois, who gave up their futures in reliance on the "facts" they were given by "God's channel."

In fact, they are still feeding JWs the same line today.

I hope some JWN members or lurkers will read your post and wake up while they are still young enough to do something about it.

• Dagney
    Dagney

** sigh**

Does that bring back memories.

What kills me is that I believed them. I hardly believe anybody...but I believed them! They never got a f****n thing right, yet I believed them. I really try not to carry the anger about it...but it is the one thing that still makes me feel like I've been punched in the stomach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit