Napolean Hill says that your subconscious mind doesn't know the difference between a penny and a million dollars.

by Narcissistic Supply 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

It will empower you to whatever you feed it. You can feed it good thoughts or you can feed it disempowering beliefs. It will work towards achieving whatever it is fed. The jehova witnesses will feed you thoughts of death and destruction. they will feed you thoughts of tyranny from the governing body. they will feed you thoughts of condescension and lack.

At the basis of all christianity is the nazarene; faith. That’s all there is and it’s surrounded by what you tell yourself. It grows from there. You can either help it grow or you can kill it and follow the minds of people who want to control you. I’m praying that you choose to control your own mind. I’m praying that you choose to control your own thoughts. I’m praying that you choose to develop absolute complete control over your own thoughts. MaryAnn Williamson says that “a miracle is a change in perspective.” I’m praying for a miracle today.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Tony Robbins. Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional. It can be changed with metaphores.

Link:

Tony Robbins NLP video

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

beliefs are why the Placebo Effect works.

Placebos have virtually the same success rates as real medications in many trials. Why? If a person's mind accepts the belief that the placebo is actually a curative medication, the body follows suit. It's a fascinating process.

I'm curious, however, at this statement:

I’m praying that you choose to control your own mind.

If your desire is for a person to control their own mind, why are you praying? Is that not inviting someone else (a divinity) to interject its own thinking/will into the process? It seems contradictory to desire to control your own thinking and then open the way for someone/something else to do it for you.

I'm not criticizing- just wondering how those two concepts work together?

• Satanus
    Satanus

'I’m praying that you choose to control your own mind.'

And, how will prayer work in giving control of ones mind to oneself? Are you praying that god/jesus will affect someones mind, somehow? How is that giving control to the person. True self mind control is to be without influence of any gods or demons or people, like people who pray for people. Unless, you are praying that people should be totally free of gods and spirits, then your thoughts are contradictory.

I see shirley already covered this.

S

• Violia
    Violia

Thanks for the Tony Robbins link. Yes it is your perspective that is very important. Viktorr Frankl basically said the same thing of his experience in Nazi concentration camps. He choose how he felt and found a way to survive and not come out of it bitter. I seldom listen to motivational speakers ( can't help but recall Tom Cruise in Magnolia ) but sometimes a pep talk helps. You can choose how you think and react to situations. I like what Tony did for that woman in the video, he helped her remember she loved her job and despite still having debt, she was working b/c she loved what she did. Bankruptcy filing too might help too.

I am going to try and use this in my life and see if it might help. As Viktor Frankl said - they took everything away from him but not his ability to choose how he felt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANY8-_kqCZQ&feature=youtu.be

• Violia
  • AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Yes it is your perspective that is very important

Tony gave a real-life example in one of his books that illustrates this point:

Two brothers were raised by a very abusive father. One ended up in federal prison for murder and other crimes; the other became an enormously successful business man.

Both brothers were interviewed separately but asked the same question: "hoe do you explain where you ended up in life, where you are today?"

They both gave the identical answer: "With a father like mine, what other outcome could there be?"

One used his negative childhood to justify a life of crime and destruction.

The other used the same exact experience to move him away from destructive behavior and toward a positive goal.

• Narcissistic Supply
    Narcissistic Supply

Thanks for the interesting comments on this thread.

It's been said that you only have faith when faith is all you have. I believe that everyone is a witness. We are all in different places on our journey. I pray. I'm a 20 year cancer survivor. I pray. I have little kids at home that totally consume me. I pray and still believe in a strong mind body connections. I'm always amused by how upset JW's get when I pray. It's powerful.

• JeffT
    JeffT

What my brain thinks about pennies vs a million dollars doesn't make any difference. What would make a difference is finding somebody with a house for sale who's brain can't tell the difference.

• truthhurts13
    truthhurts13

I dont recall anyone saying that they are "Praying to a specific entity". A prayer can also just be a meditation or mantra. Same goes with GOD. Just depends on what your interpretation of the word means.

So unless someone says flat out that they are praying to a specific god or entity, we may do well NOT to assume and presume that they are praying to god/jesus/demons/muhammad or whatever.

Also, the "BASIS" for all christianity is sun-worship. Thats all. Very simple. Do your homework. The same people that you talk about, wanting to control your mind, are the same people that INVENTED religions....Get it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit