Benjamin Crump: Dishonest hypocritical opportunist race-baiter?

by Simon 30 Replies latest members politics

• Simon
    Simon

He seemd to be very involved early on in making the Trayvon Martin / George Zimmerman case about race when there was no evidence that it was. I saw him interviewed today and he was still pushing the same agenda:

To anyone who considers him a race-baiter, Crump said, "I do a lot of civil rights cases. We have too far many cases where little black and brown boys are killed dead on the street and nobody says a word. Trayvon Martin got a lot of attention. … For every Trayvon Martin, we have a hundred little black boys who get killed. Nobody says a word."

George Zimmerman trial: The Ben Crump factor

Again, lots of talk of injustice with black people being killed ... so why did this case get attention and the other ones didn't Mr Crump?

Why isn't the black community up in arms over all those other killings of "black children"?

Isn't the sad truth that this one was only pushed because it was a 'white' guy who did the shooting?

Isn't he being a race-baiter when he raises the issue of black deaths while giving the impression that they too are at the hands of white people when the reality is that many black deaths are at the hands of other black people.

Why isn't he telling us the truth? Isn't it hypocritical and dishonest to use these deaths to push the notion of injustice and race-crimes when many of those deaths are nothing at all to do with race besides them being all within the same ethnicity - a different 'race issue' entirely.

Beyond George Zimmerman: where's the outrage about black-on-black crime?

It seems that if you are black your chances of dying a violent death are higher than for other ethnicities ... but that doesn't mean you are being racially victimised and it doesn't mean that white people are to blame for it.

I object to people like Benjamin Crump appearing like an ambulance-chaser and trying to stir up trouble and pointing fingers at other races when some fingers may need to be pointed inward and questions asked about why a particular culture is the way that it is and why so many chose to live the life they do.

Maybe if Trayvon hadn't been brought up to show a little more respect and a little less confrontational attitude and propensity for violence he wouldn't be where he is now and someone else's lives wouldn't have been ruined.

• Laika
    Laika

Simon, your white privilege is showing! ;)

Why do you think black culture is the way that it is and why do so many blacks choose to live the life they do?

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Did Benjamin Crump mention how many of those little black boys are murdered by other little black boys? How much of the blacks are murdered victims of black on black murders? There's not that much public outrage from the black community on that.

LRG

• tootired2care
    tootired2care

Spot on analysis.

I hope that after the national embarassments of this and the Duke Lacrosse case and others that people will finally start to wake up and realize that this isn't the back of the bus in the 1960s anymore, and stop imagining racism where there is none. The democratic party and liberal media have effectivly exploited minorities with a false narrative of racism for cheap political currency and power, and they have been completely exposed here for the despicable lying scum that they are.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How much of the blacks are murdered victims of black on black murders? There's not that much public outrage from the black community on that.

Even when someone tries to "tell is like it is", THEY get crucified. Even if they are from the African American community.

'They're standing on the corner and they can't speak English. I can't even talk the way these people talk...' ~ Bill Cosby

See the FULL story here: http://rense.com/general82/ana.htm

Is it really true? See Snopes: http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/cosby.asp

“There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps... then turn around and see somebody white and feel relieved.” ~ Jesse Jackson

Sadly, most African Americans who become successful run away from the African American community (unless they are campaigning for votes).

Doc

• Simon
    Simon

What 'white priveledge' ?

I don't know why a culture i don't belong to is the way it is, i can only see the symptoms in both statistics (such as crimes) and music etc...

• designs
    designs

Read James Baldwin's- The Fire Next Time and the Play about his experience with Bobby Kennedy- A Soul On Fire

Whatever our ethnicity we should understand these issues of self loathing and self hatred that grip ethnicities when coupled with a power structure that does not see or comprehend the injustice of its own making. When you are raised to believe you are the 'Other' and that you live marginalized economically and socially (remember our crappy lives as JWs living apart from the world at large) you may begin to ponder the racially dysfunctional syndromes.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Agree. It's amazing to me that they tried to keep the pictures of pot smoking out and the texts about buying guns out. Don't the want to get a honest conviction?

• SadElder
    SadElder

Crump makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. This guy smells money and he is sticking close to the parents as his money tree. Haven't they already settled with the HOA where Zimmerman was?

Conviction or not, I'm waiting for them to file a wrongful death suit and expect Crump to lead he charge.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Crump and Jackson and Sharpton and all the rest no more want the black community to be on a so-called "Level Playing Field" than I want another hole in the head. A major decrease in black on black crime coupled with economic independence in the inner city would absolutely destroy their "base" of support. To think that people like this took up the mantle of really great people like Evers and King makes me want to vomit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit