Cow gets key to the city

by larc 8 Replies latest jw friends

• larc
    larc

This is old news to those in Southwestern, Ohio, but I don't know if this made the wire services. It seems that several weeks ago, 1,200 pound cow jumped a 6 foot fence and got way from the herd that was destined for the slaughter house. The cow escaped to a nearyby city park, and remained hidden for ten days, despite search parties with heat sensing devices looking for her. The cow became the main focus of WLW Cincinnati talk radio for many days. Marge Schott, former owner of the Cincinnati Reds volunteered to adopt the cow, once found and let retire to her country estate. The cow was eventually caught and is now retired to a farm in New York state, where she can mix and mingle with other cows. Apparently, Marg did not have other cows on her property. Before leaving Cincinnati, the cow was given a key to the city during the ceremony and parade for the opening day of baseball. The cow was going to walk in the parade, but she got nervous and balky from all the noise and commotion.

Just thought a bit of local news with our intenational community here.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit
    The cow escaped to a nearyby city park, and remained hidden for ten days, despite search parties with heat sensing devices looking for her.

I understand that MI6 has offered this resourceful lady a six figure salary position training a new Special Forces division, the SBS (Special Bovine Squadron).

Expatbrit

• BeautifulGarbage
    BeautifulGarbage

Well, apparently, "everyone is famous for 15 minutes" now applies to cows.

Andee

• Angharad
    Angharad

Something similar happened in the UK a few years ago. Two pigs that were being taken to slaughter escaped and went on the run.

It took a couple of weeks for them to be caught but with all the coverage that it got on the news, they didnt get slaughtered someone adopted them. I think its because that they gave them names when they finally caught them no one would be the ones to kill the cute pigs called *** & *** (I can remember what they called them!)

• Gopher
    Gopher

This obviously was an APOSTATE cow. It didn't settle in its proper place in the herd. Any time any of the cows who "remained loyally in the flock" will see this cow, they are urged NOT TOO MOO to their old companion, not even once. Such association could engender in them a spirit of independence, leading to more fence-jumpings.

-J.R., member, UADNA-MN
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Minnesota division)

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• rhett
    rhett

Didn't a chicken once get elected governor of Montana? Seems like I rememebr reading something about that once.

• Gopher
    Gopher

A former pro-wrestler got elected to be governor of Minnesota in 1998! True story!! OK, he's not an animal, but I digress.

-J.R.

This post was not evaluated by any mental health professionals.
    Any opinions expressed are those of a fuzzy, cuddly rodent.

• Hyghlandyr
    Hyghlandyr

Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah ha ha ha ha. Why the hell do we only get nationally attention in this city when stupid crap happens.

Two radio stations are running cash cow contests, millions of dollars to the winners. One million each to be specific. The one that had its contest first, threatened to sue the other, which started calling it the cash bull. But now they are back to the cash cow thing. As if the forkin rights werent enough.

• Prisca
    Prisca

Giving keys to the city to a COW????

Only in America.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit