My new Computer

by Yerusalyim 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Hmmm
    Hmmm

Xander,

Splurge a little and go for a case with a 400 watt (350 minimum) power supply. Especially if you want to overclock, I'd be suspicious of a case AND PS for $30. I just priced out a new system (wont get one till the new thunderbird procs come out) for gaming, and a good airtight case and separate PS came out to just over 100--though I spent more on the case than I needed.

Hmmm

• COMF
    COMF

Hmm... $20 per hour sounds mighty cheap to me. I wouldn't do it for less than $45/hr myself. But then, if I did it for anybody, it'd be a freebie favor anyway. Yeah, I know that about the warranty. I just wanted to get a tease in.

• Xander
    Xander

I'd be suspicious of a case AND PS for $30

Hey, that's what the ad said. And, yeah, I'd be a little suspicious of that, too. Myself, I'm running an Antec 350W.

I just priced out a new system
    I've built a bunch, and I'm sure a few others on the board have...mind posting the specs you're looking at?

wont get one till the new thunderbird
    You mean thoroughbread? The thunderbirds are the old 'Athlon' chips - the XPs, MPs, 4s, and Duron 1Ghz+ chips are all 'Palomino'.

I wouldn't do it for less than $45/hr myself
    Well, unless you have a list of certifications as long as your arm, no one up here will pay you that. Tech-savvy people are a dime a dozen in my area.

Xander F
    (Unseen Apostate Directorate of North America - Ohio order)

A fanatic is one who, upon losing sight of his goals, redoubles his efforts.
    --George Santayana

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit