Were U Surprised To Learn Anything About The Witnesses That U Didn't Know??

by minimus 50 Replies latest jw friends

• franticfran
    franticfran

I was utterly astrounded to learn that they say Jesus is the mediator only for the annointed,and I only learned this last year when I read the CofC book! I must have been like many in the "truth" today I must have sat there for 34 years and just swallowed without chewing!! Well now I have chewed, and I dont like the taste so I am spitting it out!

• gma-tired2
    gma-tired2

The one thing that really has thrown me for a loop is that Jesus is not my mediator. Many other things that have been mentioned, but this one issue has my mind cnfused enough thar I have brought it up to several fadng JWS. None knew this and one keeps asking more about this My best friend asked if all our prayers have been wasted..

• Watkins
    Watkins

punk - in the KIT, John 8:58 is translated on the English side: Jesus said to them: "Most truly I say to you, before Abraham came into existence, I have been."

On the Greek side the words are translated as: I AM

The footnote explains: This action expressed by this verb began in the past, is still in progress, and is properly translated by the perfect indicative. See App 2F.

"2F" is long so I won't write it out here - but bottom line it's to diffuse any thought of Jesus being Jehovah. Nevermind that the Greek words are simply I AM.

What surprised me most was the UN thing - couldn't believe it until I proved it to myself. From there every thing slid down that mountain of.... sh... uh, mud. I was already physically out, but being mentally out is the sweetest freedom.

• minimus
    minimus

how untruthful they really are.

• Dagney
    Dagney

The handling and the scope of the pedophilia surprised me.

Mexico/Malawi.

I knew something was wrong with the RBC scam. But the ongoing progression of the scam is amazing...makes sense for the WT corporation, but amazing nevertheless.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

UN ngo, failed prophecies, similarities to pharisees, and sex-abuse.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

UN ngo, failed prophecies, similarities to pharisees, and sex-abuse.

• pixel
    pixel

How the rewrite their history is what still surprise me.

• outsmartthesystem
    outsmartthesystem

Yes. I was surprised by virtually everything I read. I had no idea about Ray Franz. I had no idea about Russell's pyramidology. I had no idea about the plethora of failed predictions. I had no idea the writers consistently quote mined authorities. I had no idea of the Walsh Trial.

I had no idea it was one big lie and that I was kept in a protective bubble

• not bitter
    not bitter

I was surprised that they support and protect child abusers. They're also bloody good at brainwashing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit