Suing the WTB&TS for their failure of duty of care towards Jehovahs Witnesses/volunteers when furthering their cause

by smiddy 14 Replies latest jw friends

• TotallyADD
    TotallyADD

The WT would say they was volunteering their own time and doing this without the knowlege of the WT. Case closed. Totally ADD

• Bob_NC
    Bob_NC

When I was the SEC of the congregation elders, it was my duty to discourage Witnesses from making claims on the Kingdom Hall liability insurance. We were instructed by letter from Mother to "kindly" inform the injured person that the Society insures Kingdom halls against loss and that insurance claims are paid with funds that could otherwise be used in the Worldwide Work. Injured Witnesses were to be encouraged to file claims on their personal medical insurance for accidents that occured on Kingdom Hall property.

Kingdom Halls are insured by insurance premiums paid to the WT Society. Congregations can pay the premiums with monthly payments or make an annual payment set by the Society, similar to any insurance company. Any ideas on how much $$ goes to the Society in the form of insurance premiums?

• JakeM2012
    JakeM2012

Bob_NC, good points. That has always irritated me, the congregation paying "insurance premiums" but they can't ever make a claim. I wonder how many "insurance" companies would be in business today? Not from the lack of payouts on claims, but because the lack of business? WTBTS makes money off of the "insurance" they sell to the congregations, and state to the congregations that it is lower in price and more comprehensive than a worldly company would offer. However, there are laws that regulate the world's insurance companies that WT never has to abide by. Another point of them avoiding regulations because of their Non-Profit status.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Bob_NC , & JakeM2012

I Thank you both for your comments as it does seem to give credence that the society does in fact discourage witnesses from making a bona fide claim against them , and lets face it die-hard JW`s would not want to go against the direction of the F&DS....very sad

I don't think they could sue even if they want to,

I beg to differ here julia , I beleive they could sue , however it would require a mindset that is determined to get justice at whatever price .And sadly most JW`s dont have that tennacity to do that.

smiddy

• prologos
    prologos

it is possible that

if you try to claim form YOUR insurance Co on an injury at an insured KH,

YOUR insurance company will try to recoup the loss from KH insurer the WT BtS. Inc.

that is why the advise is: wait on jehovah. for redress, make no claims at all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit