Disassociating

by Godsendconspirator 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

I stopped going to a club a while back. I stopped attending regularly and then stopped altogether. I still had a membership card. I didn't DA myself from it--I just stopped going.

I see no reason to play by their rules. It's their problem they have those crazy rules. You in limbo makes them uncomfortable, which is exactly how they should feel.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Honesty and rebel8, it also gives me a frisson of pleasure imagining the paperwork the elders must endure every time they try and estabish a person's disassociation status. As if anyone outside the organization cares. There's a form to fill out and a "reason" must be given. Why make it easy?

• Splash
  • donny
    donny

I disassocated by sending them a letter some 21 years ago. With hindsight, I agree with the folks who suggest that you just fade away, unless you have no other family or close friends that you want to maintain a relationship with.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Your post at the top of page 2 suggests you have nothing to gain from trying to fade and plenty to gain from disassociating- ceasing texts and fake friendship calls and being able to stop ducking people personally.

On one hand, I want them to know the real reason I left, the things I've learned just to get everything out there. On the other hand, I wouldn't want to write too much (although it would be) and overwhelm them causing their faith to strengthen.

Ifyou actually think your friends will read it, write it to them. Just don't be too disappointed if they never contact you. Just be short and to the point, because I get what you are saying if you write "too much."

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

i love how you said "jehovah missed me" lol like god cant see you outside the k hall

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit