Are You Interested In Religion Of Any Sort At This Point In Your Life?

by minimus 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartofaboy
    Heartofaboy

I wish there was something to believe in but I would say at this time I'm not interested in religion at all.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

Hi Heartofaboy! There is deffo SomeONE, not necessarily someTHING. The org always quotes "Lord, if we leave you, WHERE would we go?" My mom said to me upon being told we were disassociating ourselves, "WHERE are you going to go if you leave the truth?" Peter actually said," To WHOM would we go?"The bible narrative continues,"YOU have the sayings of eternal life". Jesus replied,"I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE. I believe that and am proud to have "grasped" it. I'm a happy Anglican but I'm not interested much in "religion" either. x

• LV101
    LV101

Religion scares me after surviving the dark tower but I appreciate positives my friends say are beneficial re their religion. I cringe to think mainstream religion is like the Watchtower.

Appreciate/agree with DJS' comments re/evolving -- better life, better behavior, etc. Religion seems to be an easier alternative for many disadvantaged to educational, mental/health opportunities.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

The WTS did a pretty effective job inoculating me against any form of religious expression, but I have a particular antipathy towards authoritarian fundamentalist churches. I was a somewhat interested in Universal Unitarianism for a while, but the hand-holding and candle lighting just felt a bit to "ritual-ish" for me.

Be that as it may, religions that utilize fiscal and policy transparency, enbrace egalitarianism, and honestly acknowledge history and science do have my respect.

I'm mostly agnostic these days, and I and mine seem to be managing just fine along those lines...

• whathappened
    whathappened

I am a full blown Atheist, after leaving the Watchtower organization just 2 1/2 years ago.

• minimus
    minimus

It's interesting to see how many of us dislike religion.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Nope. I've had enough religion to last 10 lifetimes.

• bigmac
    bigmac

as soon as i see any happy clappy religious bible thumping froots on here i just filter them out----Simon--how about having a separate section for the religious amongst us--?

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

A big fat NO.

My bad experience in the Jehovah's Witness religion has cured me of any desire to get involved with another belief system.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    minimus - "It's interesting to see how many of us dislike religion."

Funny, 'cause I once read somewhere that the majority of XJWs often end up simply joining some other conservative Protestant church.

I'm not seeing that, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit