intel on warwick project

by stuckinamovement 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    stuckinamovement - "Apparently the worldly construction company will be brought on to build a large part of the complex."

Yeah, this surprised me initially, too, but when I thought about it, I realized that it does kind of make sense.

The work will definately get done faster by a team of professionals, inspection approval will be streamlined, and NDAs will cover any "unconventional" changes to the design. R&F volunteer labor has no such guarantee for any of those things.

Plus it might have been an addendum to the "no proselytizing" deal they made with the county.

sir82 - "What's even weirder is that the Soiety is apparently willing to spend actual money to meet this seemingly arbitrary deadline. They'd sooner drink worm milkshakes than spend money, when free labor is available."

Why? It ain't their money; they'll just squeeze the R&F for more donations to pay the contractors. Amounts to the same thing as free labor.

The set-in-stone deadline is interesting...

...I can't help but wonder if they want to be comfortably holed up there by the time the Conti Case appeals have reached SCOTUS. The Legal Dept. will have a clearer bead on their chances of winning, and (assuming those chances are low) the subsequent tsunami of lawsuits sure to follow after any precedent is set.

It's definately a factor in the decision to hire outside construction help.

BTW, stuckinamovement, how'd you find out about this meeting?

• Open mind
    Open mind

Thanks for the info, SIAM.

I wonder if there's any possibility that a new Fred Franz has arisen on the GB who has pulled another "1975" version9.5 out of his arse and has gotten a simple majority of the GB to believe his "New Light" on timing of the Big A.

om

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley

when the brothers protested and said that it would take 6 years for the project to be complete and if they moved that fast there would be many mistakes, the GB responded, "we don't care, that is your deadline"

--

I see the GB proceeds with construction projects using the same methodology for concocting "new light" doctrine.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Vidiot what is this about a "no proselytizing clause"

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sosoconfused - "Vidiot what is this about a 'no proselytizing clause'?"

An earlier thread mentioned something about the GB (or their reps) meeting privately with the Warwick city council and effectively promising not to proselytize in the area in exchange for municipal approval on the complex.

• AndDontCallMeShirley
    AndDontCallMeShirley
    Vidiot what is this about a "no proselytizing clause"

Instrumental to getting building permits for the project the WT agreed to not do any preaching in the city of Warwick.

I think there was an article on JWN about this several months ago.

[edit] you beat me to it Vidiot!

• Londo111
    Londo111

I don't get why they just don't move to Patterson or to the Farm?

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Vidiot and Shirley - Now that is some serious news. They agreed to not preach in Warwick. I am sure Jesus and Jehovah would be glad to hear about this.

So Jehovah has total control of the governments but not enough to get them some building permits???? Come on.

I am going to go see if I can find this article

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Londo111 - "I don't get why they just don't move to Patterson or to the Farm?"

I suspect Patterson ain't big enough for what they wanna do, plus it looks like a f**king penitentiary.

I don't know much about the "Farm"; is that Walkill?

sosconfused - "Now that is some serious news."

Well, you're new.

After you've been around a while, you'll have learned just how much the WTS will play ball with elements of "Satan's World" to get what they want.

One of the things that helped my fade, actually; a few years back I came to the inescapable conclusion that, yes indeed, the WTS would absolutely get in bed with them if the Religious Right ever succeeded in their goal of dominating American politics.

• sir82
    sir82
    An earlier thread mentioned something about the GB (or their reps) meeting privately with the Warwick city council and effectively promising not to proselytize in the area in exchange for municipal approval on the complex.

I'd also like to see any documentation of this.

If this information got out to the R&F it would cause a HUGE hullabaloo.

Which is good.....

Except for when you realize that stuff that should make an even bigger hullabaloo, like thousands of JWs dying from lack of blood transfusions, or thousands of JW child molesters not geting reported to police, or hundreds, possibly thousands of JW suicides....doesn't faze JWs in the least.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit