intel on warwick project

by stuckinamovement 65 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

the committee assigned to build the new complex was called into a meeting with the governing body. They were told " you finish this project by January 1 2017. We want the keys to the complex and will be headquartered there by that date, do you understand?"

when the brothers protested and said that it would take 6 years for the project to be complete and if they moved that fast there would be many mistakes, the GB responded, "we don't care, that is your deadline"

Apparently the worldly construction company will be brought on to build a large part of the complex. The bros at bethel are wtf is going on?

This news article seems to confirm the date.

http://commercialobserver.com/2013/07/rfr-and-kushner-companies-to-acquire-watchtower-dumbo-properties/

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Great update! Thanks.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I missed the whole Warwick thing till now. Interesting. Why would they care? Why would they bother selling and building unless they thought they had time? So I guess someone should tell my parents that they have at least three yrs and the end isn't as close as the DC indicated.

• cedars
    cedars

Interesting, thanks SIAM.

Cedars

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Is there any similarity in the time frame as stated and that of the suspected timing of the final appeal for the Conti case. I suspect a final verdict on Conti that is unfavorable to the WTS will bring in a flood of new lawsuits. Does the 01/01/2017 window of time give the opportunity to "dispose" of all the assets that are at risk in future cases before they can be seized by a court?

Follow the money.

Doc

• sir82
    sir82

That's really weird - what is so special about that date?

What's even weirder is that the Soiety is apparently willing to spend actual money to meet this seemingly arbitrary deadline. They'd sooner drink worm milkshakes than spend money, when free labor is available.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

Now you all know Jehovah can speed things up including construction and drying time. When it suits, He can really move things along! Like one minute you're talking to your friend and the next, he hates your guts because you don't think you have to shun someone. Whew! It can boggle your mind, all the things Jehovah chooses to accomplish when He decides to.

A'course, if something bad happens that's because you did it to yourself.

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Interesting. Thanks for the intel.

• whathappened
    whathappened

They better get to work. The GB better role up their sleeves and start helping lay the brick. Anyone see that happening? (I bet they never have to vaccuum the Kingdom Hall.)

• JeffT
    JeffT

This project probably has nothing to do with lawsuits, as they can't hide assets just by moving them around. It MIGHT make collecting the money harder, but it would be funny if somebody like Candace foreclosed a lein on this place.

Also 3 1/2 years is not a tough time line if they have their permits in place (and probably impossible if they don't). Having the place built by people that know what they're doing makes sense, and maybe a legal requirement to get permits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit