Post 7: Hopefully the last letter I recieve

by sosoconfused 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I don't think the WTS makes sane people crazy...

...but...

...I do think that - these days - it attracts people with mental health problems, and/or makes said problems worse.

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

Sosoconfused:

I'm curious. Has your mom been to the 2013 DC?

Take Care

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

Bobcat - she goes in 2 weeks. I am suuuuuuuuuuuuure that once she returns things will intensify based upon what i Have heard from this assembly in regards to Apostates. If she is like this before the assembly I can only imagine what she will do after. i will be wearing a hard hat to avoid being stoned

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

SoSO:

At the DC I heard them use Matt 10:32-37 as a description of DFed ones (that these DFed ones were causing the division in the family by leaving Jehovah and that loyalty to Christ required shunning them.) Sickest mis-ap/twisting of Scripture I've heard for a while.It was really reaching for straws. Some of what your mom said sounds like she may have been influenced by that or by someone telling her about that application.

I hope things work out for you.

Take Care

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

JW Mom`s..

......................  photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• Kojack57
    Kojack57

Your a good guy Soso, I think at this point I would just shun her. For your own sanity and your family.

• whathappened
    whathappened

She needs some time away from this problem. She is one that would drink the Kool-Aid for sure.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Just send her a simple card: "love you mom"

Best thing ever!

• Odrade
    Odrade

I'm going to add my voice to the commenters saying "sounds like my mom." No answers here, but you have my sympathy. I've been there.

• Sammy Jenkis
    Sammy Jenkis

sosoconfused, thanks for sharing- sorry you're going through this. It makes me think about my own mother and how she reacted when I let her know I was turning away from the little path that was paved for us. At times she would freak, others she would sit in silence as I made my points, and most of the time it's been about how I should change. It's extremely troubling that different beliefs will cause such a division in the family, especially with the people you'd least expect to be betrayed by. Wish you all the best..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit