How do the Dubbies Handle No Soliciting Signs Now?

by laverite 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• laverite
    laverite

I get too many callers in my neighborhood, and I need to invest in a no soliciting sign for the front door. I do not appreciate uninvited callers, unless they are there to tell me there's an immediate need to evacuate. I absolutely won't buy anything at the door. Plus, the dubbies are constantly coming by.

I think I need to put up a no soliciting sign. What do you think? Will it keep the dubbies away? How do they deal with these signs now? In my prior territory, we'd ignore them, as we would just tell ourselves that we weren't selling anything. We were engaged in life-saving work. Big difference!

I have discovered that payback is a *&^%. I know I deserve this due to my time spent waking people up early in the mornings on their only day off. On the other hand, I feel that I have paid the price for enough years now and deserve a little peace.

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

I hear ya - i really can't bear thinking about the times i disturbed people, knocking early on a Saturday or really anytime - but anyway, what i heard about your subject is that the No Trespassing signs were taken more seriously than No Soliciting - How many times did i hear this discussion, that we were not soliciting, blah blah blah. How many mind games did i have to play to get up the nerve to ignore signs and the reason people posted them.

• Sayswho
  • Simon
    Simon

I recall being told that "we're not soliciting so we should ignore those signs" and also the classic "the message is too valuable to them to not give it even if they don't want to hear".

The besty way to ensure they never call is to tell them you're apostate. Actually, they still call on us even though I told them I grew up in it and don't believe it anymore (and argue the bible with them, LOL). I guess it makes a change for someone to not just shut the door.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They ignore the Signs..Repeatedly..

I`ve watched them read it,listened to them discuss it..

When they come to the Door I asked them if they saw the sign..

The answer was always "No!"..

Then they proceed to Instruct you About the Truth..

We`re not Liars!..

We`re JW BullSh*t Artists!!..

........................... photo mutley-ani1.gif...OUTLAW

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

I couldn't decide which one I liked the best. The other ones are TOO nice...

No Solicitors Yard Sign

Yard Sign

Yard Sign

One time I went to a door that said “No Soliciting” and a guy came to the door and pointed to the bible in my hand and asked me if I have read that book in my hand. I said yes and he yelled “Then you can read THAT sign!” And of course I said “Ohh, we’re not selling anything.” He said “Your SELLING your GOD!” and slammed the door. As we left I jokingly said to the bro with me… “I wasn’t aware we could sell god.” Like the smartass I can be.

• Simon
    Simon

Wait, no CANDY ?!?

How are you gonna get those boxes of girl-scout cookies !!

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

We used to ignore the "No Trespassing" signs then the society came out with there "You’re on your own" if anything happens when you trespass. There were a few that ignored the WT advice after they changed their policy. I went with a few bros that would ignore it. I told them "I will wait for you right here" once they went without me and I could hear them getting yelled at. lol... I don’t remember him doing that again.

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

So here's the deal, in the USA, Jehovah's Witnesses aren't soliciting. There's legal precedent to this. If you put up a No Soliciting sign, some might still go to your door, and I suppose legally they're ok.

On the other hand, put up a No Tresspassing sign. That covers your bases. If they went to your door, you could legally call police and have them arrested for tresspassing. I think the majority of Witnesses now heed those signs. As someone above mentioned, the Society's policy is that they're on their own.

There's a realllly old booklet that's pretty neat actually. It contains tons of info on legal rulings and rights JW's have. The idea is that if you were out in service and took shit from the cops or something you could show that to them. It's out of print now at least in the US since it's not a huge problem anymore.

• laverite
    laverite

Wow - some good information here from you guys. Thank you so much for the info. I love some of the pics, too! I wonder if a no tresspassing sign might make me look like a nutter? LOL. Seriously, I will have to look at what signs are available online and in stores to see if there's something that will cover the witnesses, too. The thing is that they are coming by all the time. They constantly work this neighborhood. I've let them know I am on to them and that I know the truth behind what they are peddling.

Maybe I just need to ask to be put on their DNC list. But even then, they check in with you to make sure you still want to be on that list. My neighborhood gets constant attention (yet so much of the the town is hardly worked by them). You'd think they would make an effort to recruit outside of my street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit