Hello and my exit story from WTS

by free2Bme13 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• Watchtower-Free
    Watchtower-Free

Welcome

• life is to short
    life is to short

Welcome I loved how you related your story. When you wrote this part "When I went home that evening and told my husband he looked at me with a disbelieving look and was convinced I made it up. What elder would ever say such things from the platform? But I am not that creative; I couldn't make that stuff up if I tried. "

It reminded me so much of what went on between my husband and myself. When I got married he was an elder and 17 years older then I was. My parents were strange so the elders never really gave me the time of day and I was never in the in crowd but I truly believed it was the truth with all my heart. I thought that once I was an elder's wife I would fit in but it never happened. I would tell my husband what was happening to me and he would say he just could not believe it. I was being bullied by the other pioneer sisters in the car groups and my husband would always tell me I had to be making it all up that would never happen.

Your experience of the CO yelling at you during pioneer school was the same thing that happened to me expect I was chicken to raise my hand and answer the question because in my class there were 5 long time elders and none of them knew the answer the CO just call on them and put them on the spot, so I thought that I had to be wrong and would not raise my hand. I went up to the CO during the break and asked him if I had the right answer and he just about spit in my face with anger telling me that if I would not raise my hand I had no right to come up to him now I would know the answer when class resumed. I was right and the CO just glared at me. He was such a jerk and I was just appalled that a CO could be so horrible. When I was single none of the CO's would give me the time of day so I never knew how argent and rude they could be. I thought they were appointed by Holy Spirit. How wrong was I?

Just welcome to the board gald your husband is out with you, mine is still in and it is so hard.

LITS

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

free2Bme13 - Welcome aboard and thanks for sharing your story.

One thing that crossed my mind as I read your story was that your journey and awakening is far from uncommon. It seems that what causes many to question the legitamacy and rightfullness of the borg is the lunacy and ineptness of those that should be shining examples of the opposite.

So often when you give someone a clipboard and a little authority, the power goes straight to their head, and clouds out any reasonable decency or concern that normal humane people show to one another.

The power corrupts and brings to the fore what kind of person they truly are.

Thanks again for sharing!

• Newly Enlightened
    Newly Enlightened

Welcome, we are glad you are here with us and happy 4th. Have a Sangria for me

• Iown Mylife
    Iown Mylife

WOW you-all don't have any idea how much i appreciate being able to learn about what you've been through. HI, Free2BMe13! I know you are a doll of a person, trying to help people by enduring Pioneering and Pioneer School! Wanting to know what the right thing to do is, and then making a total life effort to do it!

And, Neverscreamagain, you are so right about the effect of a clipboard on a person - it's an astonishing transformation.

• Adventurousone
    Adventurousone

Welcome Free2BeMe:

I'm so proud of you to finally make the break from the WTBTS. Your finally FREE. I'm glad you got back with your brother and his family. Did he leave because he had some questions about the org. that weren't sitting right with him. Glad that you still have some form of contact with your parents. Maybe someday in the near future you will be surprised to see your parents leave the organization too. Wish you the best in your new journey your about to take. My husband and I left the end of 2012 and were enjoying our new life too. Hope you had a great 4th of July. Take care and we send our love your way.

Adventurousone

• Brother of the Hawk
    Brother of the Hawk

Free2beme: Thank you for your story. It's great to name names of CO's who are jerks. I also am acquainted with one who like you, chose to embarrass me during my pioneer school. Gene Fields!!! Welcome to the rest of your life. Affectionately: Brother of the Hawk ( I will surrender my mind no more, forever)

• free2Bme13
    free2Bme13

Adventureousone -

My brother cose to DA himself because of orgazational issues. Unfortunately he didn't tell me the details until I told him we had left. I think he was trying to be respectful of my beliefs at the time. But we're both out now, it just took me a little longer

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

I feel so happy that you are out and it gives me great hope that these idiot COs that say the stupidest things are acually helping people leave. I have always hoped that the more hard- line this religion becomes the more people will leave. Thanks for your story. I was a pioneer for ten years and went to the pioneer school too but eventually I left. Welcome Free, so glad you had fun on 4th July.

• abbasgreta
    abbasgreta

"Beat Up"!" Oh, what a great expression. Love your story. Welcome to the joy that is life away from the Borg. I wish you real contentment and inner peace. x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit