Change of 144000 doctrine?

by Julia Orwell 43 Replies latest jw friends

• mind blown
    mind blown

Thanx for posting Listener.

Question for anyone please? What is the difference between the Great T and the Armageddon??

Also, from what the WT qoute I see they are promoting a "rapture" of the anointed....

• jean-luc picard
    jean-luc picard

I asked my mother how many partook of the emblems this year. "there must only be a few hundred left" I added.

I did not get an answer. Perhaps she didnt hear me?

• sd-7
    sd-7
    I did not get an answer. Perhaps she didnt hear me?

Should've used your Patrick Stewart voice.

--sd-7

• losingit
    losingit

When I read that paragraph I immediately though, "WTH ! I thought we didn't believe in the rapture and looked down on other religions for thst belief. " I'm still dumbfounded by that drastic change.

• wolfman85
    wolfman85

A while back there was a rumor that there would be a change to explain that although the anointed before 1914 are in heaven , the mention of the 144,000 refers only to the end-time anointed from 1914 onwards , but I don't have heard anything like that so far.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

JW's now believe in The Rapture

One of the events mentioned in these verses is the ‘gathering of the chosen ones.’ (Matt. 24:31) Hence, it appears that all anointed ones who still remain on earth after the initial part of the great tribulation has passed will at some point be raised to heaven before the outbreak of the battle of Armageddon. - Watchtower, July 15, 2013, p. 8 (Endnote #2 for Paragraph 8)

mind blown: Also, from what the WT qoute I see they are promoting a "rapture" of the anointed....

losingit: When I read that paragraph I immediately though, "WTH ! I thought we didn't believe in the rapture and looked down on other religions for thst belief. " I'm still dumbfounded by that drastic change.

Curiouser and curiouser!

• prologos
    prologos

It might not be rapture,

it might be resurrection,-- because

the 144 000 rulers with Christ HAVE to be executed for witnessing for JESUS, pardon J-----. Rev.20

get killed, then resurrected before Armageddon.

A few on this forum seem to be ready to do the honors.

The disturbing part is that the resurrected, the immortal Ex GB, Ex Fds members will join the slaying of the billions in the battle, and

they have us in their cross hairs.

Hairy.

not scary

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Simon, their already there, they teach that Jesus only mediates for the 144k and the New Covenant is also only for the 144k and if we the rank and file want salvation (not a gift for us) and to get into the kingdom of God we have to follow and be loyal to them. Hmmm wonder what the bible says about following men????????????

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

Yes Crazyguy, I pointed out to a hardcore JW friend of mine who's well known for knowing every scripture Luke 21 where it says not to go after those who say, 'the appointed time has drawn near..." and he didn't know that one. What the?

Also, I nearly spat up when I heard the rapture described at the memorial in different words. I nearly flipped. That was my last meeting so I don't know what the JWs thought of that being thrown into the memorial talk like it had always been there.

• NeverKnew
    NeverKnew

From Listener:

This adjusts what was stated on this subject in “Questions From Readers” in The Watchtower of August 15, 1990, page 30.

I don't remember seeing notes of correction adjustments in other Watchtowers. How long have they been doing this?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit