My mother continues with these creepy letters

by sosoconfused 62 Replies latest jw experiences

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

If it is any consolation to you ,the whole the system operates in similar ways not just Jehovah's Witnesses .Muslims kill people that try to leave their church.Propaganda ,indoctrination and pressure to conform is in all levels of society .Religion,Goverment,Media. In the end I wouldn't let a religion destroy my relatioship with my mother .She has been indoctrinated for decades it will take alot of love and help to wake up .Personally I wouldn't talk religion around her if she is that badly indoctrinated

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I have no plans to discuss religion - but it is the only thing she ever talks about. I actually do no teven think she will speak at all at this point

• Julia Orwell
    Julia Orwell

She starts off like a normal offended grandma and then calls you bad associations and pulls all this 'apostate' rubbish on you, automatically consigning any reasoning you have to Satan's pile. Even the beard!! She equates you growing a beard with Satan deceiving Eve!

I really feel for you. I don't know if you can please her somewhat by having the kids go to her place, but I suppose there's always the possibility your kids aren't ready for the cult dogma she'll force on them. It reminds me of a little girl of about 6 who wrote a heartfelt plea to her mother to turn around because the little girl was terrified of losing her at Armageddon. You don't want your kids getting ideas like that.

The annoying thing is, that your own views are so trivialised. You are not allowed the dignity to have your own presence of mind or an original thought: you don't have your own thoughts, only Satan's at this point. I can understand how she operates from that assumption because she herself has obviously not had a thought or opinion unique to her own mind for decades.

I feel for you, Soso. The JWs say they don't split families and for years I believed it. I now see that when one member changes his mind, the rest gouge you out of the family. Your kids are deprived of knowing their grandparents and uncle, because grandma and uncle are so damn intolerant of you. Bad associations DO spoil good habits...I'm afraid to say your mum is one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit