Nelson Mandela passes

by designs 37 Replies latest social current

• designs
    designs

The man who spent 27 years in prison in his relentless effort to free South Africa from Apartheid has passed at 94.

He sought peace, understanding and tolerance in his efforts to reconcile the nation and the peoples of South Africa. He learned the Africaaners language his captors spoke to be able to communicate and share his ideas for a better future.

When Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher wanted him to remain in prison Mandela forgave them. When Yasser Arafat wanted violence as a means to his goals Mandela spoke of peace and reconciliation.

Mandela lost his health in the prison of Robben Island where he contacted TB and damaged his eyesight breaking rocks in the sun for 18 years.

Where are the Peace Makers today, who will be the new Mandela.

RIP

• EdenOne
    EdenOne

A true peace maker. The word will be poorer the day he will pass away.

Eden

Edit: He's critical, but as of now CNN reports he's still alive.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

I just saw on the news there that his condition is unchanged?

• Simon
    Simon

Nothing on the BBC ... do you have a link?

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

nothing on SA news site

• designs
    designs

It was on my Facebook page, did Facebook let me down again. Mandela has been in critical condition due to his health. His family has gathered together and are holding a vigil.

He showed a social conscience as a young man and to his honor he turned from violence which some in the ANR wanted.

• iCeltic
    iCeltic

He's not dead. Not looking amazing for him but he's still alive at the moment.

• designs
    designs

I know with my parents the doctors tell you what to expect as the person's vitals weaken.

Wish him peace and comfort.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

I think you spoke a bit too soon, he's still alive.

FB and Twitter can't be trusted for death announcement, Bill Cosby among others have pronounced dead several times on social media.

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I pray he will not linger the way Franco did. He did a Geo Washington. When he left office, there was s peaceful transition.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit