Carbon dating and the Global Flood - links needed

by wizzstick 91 Replies latest watchtower bible

• James Brown
    James Brown

Backseat Devil in my opinion. The people in power throughout history have known the

world is a ball. Either the God of the bible told them.

Or the God's of the bible beings from somewhere other than earth told them.

If you don't want to believe in the God of the bible, there is lots of archaeological evidence

that man has interacted with extra terrestrials through out history.

• James Brown
    James Brown

This James Brown person makes my brain burn with the stupid.

You took a couple classes at the community college and now you think your Einstein.

• Fencing
    Fencing

And you read some nutjob young-earth creationist's blog and now you're an expert on radiological dating methods.

• James Brown
    James Brown

No I just happen to have gone around the block enough times to spot circular reasoning.

And to know that there is no way to tell how old the earth or universe is.

It might be 4.5 billion years old but the math you are using to come up with the number is

based on circular reasoning. And as long as it is, I will point that out.

I'm not going to be a sheeple like all you here who don't know what they are talking about and

act like they do. I left that back in the 80's.

• James Brown
    James Brown

And you read some nutjob young-earth creationist's blog and now you're an expert on radiological dating methods.

Actually I came up with the circular reasoning by reading Coftys explanation of the dating of rocks.

• BackseatDevil
    BackseatDevil

Watch more History Channel.

Trust me.

• Comatose
    Comatose

Please explain why we can't know how old the universe is. I don't get it. Other than you saying we can't, I haven't noticed you point out why.

• James Brown
    James Brown

We can't know how old the universe is because if I have a candle and burn it off and on for some period

of time, you can't tell me how long the candle was when it was brand new.

You cant tell me how many times I lit the candle and how much i burned of it.

You dont know if the candle was 1 inch, 2 inches, 3 inches, 4 inches or 5 inches and you can

never know.

No one knows how old the universe is. So who can you ask if your guess is correct.

I guess you could ask people who think like you. But that wouldn't make the answer correct or scientific.

• Comatose
    Comatose

I'm not sure where you came up with that. Do you know how they measure the age of the universe? It's not at all like lighting a candle.

• James Brown
    James Brown

For those of you who think you understand how radiometric dating works, lets do this.

I have a fossil. I know a lot about this fossil.

You work at the local university in the paleontology department.

I bring the fossil to you and inquire as to how old the fossil is.

How will our conversation go from there.

And from there I will show you circular reasoning.

We can do a similar second scenario. I have a rock I know a lot about the rock.

I bring it to you and inquire how old the rock is.

How will our conversation go.

And from there I will show you circular reasoning.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit