New Trend in Dramas?

by breakfast of champions 30 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shador
    Shador
    In the past they have taught that those resurrected would be neither female or male.

Nothing I've ever heard. When was this?

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

One of the techniques used by cults is "time distortion".

JWs do a masterful job, with the living forever in paradise being the tool.

Who cares if you waste your life in serve-us now, because you will have eternity later.

Who cares if you waste every Tuesday at the meeting? You will have Tuesdays forever in paradise...

Every Saturday and Sunday doing theo-craptic activity, doesn't matter if you are never going to die.

They just don't want you to think about today, if you do, you might do what you want, instead of what they want.

You might ditch the meeting to watch that TV show that you never get to see, or go to a ball game instead of listening to the same old at the meeting.

Even some of the recent WT articles have touched on what a waste it would be to throw away all of those years of faithful service. Yeah, just keep on doing the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. INSANITY!

Also the revisionist history articles they put in the WT now, all designed to focus attention on the past, all of the things the old timers did for the WT corp, I mean Jehovah.

Time distortion, think of the past, think of the future, just don't live in the here and now!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If it's paradise and they're all perfect, shouldn't they have ALL been extremely beautiful to the point that Job's daughters would have been just average?

And if they are all perfect in that future paradise, just like Adam and Eve were in the original Eden, shouldn't all the characters in that drama have been completely naked?

• Shador
    Shador
    And if they are all perfect in that future paradise, just like Adam and Eve were in the original Eden, shouldn't all the characters in that drama have been completely naked?

Now that might be a drama worth seeing...

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Shador: Oh, the dramas would be fantastic if I could do the writing and casting.

Unfortunately, WT has certain policies that would mess things up. For one thing, being "in good standing" is required to be in the DC drama. After enough nude rehearsals with unintended actions and judicial committee meetings, the parts would have to be played by the most nonfornicationworthy JWs. Imagine the "beautiful dauthers of Job" coming out with enough wrinkles, sagging, and age spots that nobody in attendance would have sex for the next year.

If it were left to me, "in good standing" would be a disqualification to be in the dramas I would envision for a DC.

• L3G
    L3G

BOC:

Are the words below b/c they are now expecting the "wild beast" to come down on them due to their child abuse policies?

" The last drama opens with the father turning on the TV to see that the government is "cracking down" on jehovahs witnesses in our "free" country - brings to mind "the nations" turning on "jehovahs people" before (or is it during? Or after?) the Great Trib."

In other words, are they trying to prepare the R&F for what they now see as likely (or even inevitable?)—that the govt. IS going to crack down on them b/c of their child abuse policies? Are they even now believing that this act would precipitate Armageddon??

Opinions here, please...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

A drama soon to come:

"I knew I should have listened to those Witnesses at my door. Now it's raining fire and sulfur outside and the ground is splitting open here inside my home. I will be killed no matter what. And I am clear that it was Jehovah's Witnesses who had the truth all along. Jehovah is God, the Bible clearly points to a time when an overlapping generation would see the end and had thoroughly spread a warning. But too late for me."

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

L3G - yeah, that's what I thought, too. Play the persecution card.

• Room 215
    Room 215

"It opens with us seeing Sister Loving, who died in the arms of her dear husband, Brother Loving, who promised he would stay faithful to Jehovah so they could be reunited in the New World. But Sister Loving awakes in the resurrection to find Brother Loving arm in arm with Sister Dress-Slutty, the young single flirtatious bitch all the nice sisters hated in theCongregation. And look there! they have a new little son, Jr Loving. Junior is 10 years old. Oh my, Sister loving comes to realize that she has been dead less than 11 years. Brother Loving must not have waited long to spread his loving around.

Real life drama in Paradise. This could be fun entertainment. "

Great suggestion, DOC!!, Now THAT is what I call a drama!!

• TD
    TD

I've noticed something similar even with the "Biblical" dramas. They've always taken a fair amount of poetic license, but it seems to be getting worse. For example, there was a drama about the apostle John a few years ago.

The setting was sometime after John has supposedly been released from Patmos. He is visiting one of the seven congregations of Asia Minor in a role very similar to that of JW circuit overseer.

Although it's true that that some traditions hold that St. John visited the seven congregations after being released from Patmos, settled in Ephesus and wrote the three epistles attributed to him, this setting is entirely extra-biblical.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit