Beyond Bitterness?

by DogGone 21 Replies latest jw experiences

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi DogGone, Have you or your friend(s) read either Steve Hassan's or Raymond Franz's books? Your friends may become even more angry reading Raymond Franz's books, unless they realize that Raymond Franz did not write about hating the WTBTS. If your friends read Steve Hassan's books (i.e., "Combatting Cult Mind Control", "Releasing the Bonds: Empowering People to Think for Themselves", or (his latest book) "Freedom of Mind: Helping Loved Ones Leave Controlling People, Cults and Beliefs") or watch his videos, hopefully they will have a better understanding of how powerful BITE control is and that they should be proud to be dangerous cult survivors.

It is your friends' choice to continue to imprison their minds, or to free their minds by researching BITE control techniques to learn how to peel back the layers of BITE control programming. The first step may be just forgiving themselves and others for the pain that they have endured and to then empower themselves to make changes in their lives.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• gorgia2
    gorgia2

DogGone,

That was a fantastic post. It took my mother nearly ten years after fading to finally accept it was all false. Even though she wasn't very active while a JW it was still the only worldview she knew. Then slowly, after researching for herself, tentatively at first, my mother's eyes were opened. Now there is much guilt gnawing at her, despite my insisting it wasn't her fault bringing us up as JW's - she really believed it was all true. My mother now experiences anger and resentment at the GB - of whom she'd hardly heard a thing about in the forty+ years she was a JW.

Regarding your friend - just be there, available for when the scales do fall from your friend's eyes completely - which I'm sure will happen one day. For the first few years after my mother stopped going to the meetings there were definitely aspects of the cult she found ridiculous, stifling, hypocritical, but most of the doctrinal rubbish was indoctrinated so well that she still believed Armageddon was coming and that she and I were going to be destroyed. Now, though, thankfully, we can speak about ALL of it being ridiculous, stifling and hypocritical. Just keep being a great friend.

gorgia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit