Candace Conti v Watchtower Society | June 3, 2013 | Respondent's Brief - prepared by Rick Simons | A136641

by jwleaks 212 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

@Data - it appears to me that the answers they gave are directly from the BORG itself. As if the lawyer or other entity coached them on what to say.

There is no human being besides a lawyer or NAMBLA member who would reason that way in regards to pedophiles being around children.

• Simon
    Simon
    providing parents with the traits and warning signs of child molesters was just as effective as telling them a molester's actual identity

It's interesting how they don't apply the same reasoning when it comes to 'apostacy'. If someone doubts or questions their status as gods representatives they are very very quick to publicly name and shame the person and warn everyone about them.

How much more insidious and evil is child abuse compared to questioning their authority? They have everything backwards.

• gingerbread
    gingerbread

Simon!

• Simon
    Simon

Also, especially when they have constructed a world where there is a clear structure of authority and expected obedience which includes all members of the congregation and a definite hierarchy of elders -> ministerial servants -> men -> women -> children. Women and children are taught to respect and obey 'brothers' in general, not just their parents and the congregation elders (although these even more so) and that is a very dangerous world to construct if you then refuse to take any responsibility for policing it and ensuring that the power you have granted to individuals isn't abused or used to enable abuse of others.

• Simon
    Simon

I believe too there are precedents where they have warned about financial predators ... in this case they put money and potential contributions to them above this farcical notion of 'warning about signs'.

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

The fact remains that unless you identify these people children are susceptible based upon the culture of the organization. As a child any adult in the building who told me to do anythingI had to do it because they were an adult... and since everyone there was "family" you would listen.

So if a kid has someone of a greater age tell them, "hey, come to the second school with me for a second" the kid will go simply because the culture of the organization will dictate that they should.

• Simon
    Simon
    Exhibit 1 ( A leter from the Governing Body ) cautions that those who oppose the Kingdom's work may take advantage of legal processes in order to "interfere with it or impede its progress." (8 AA 1973.) It states,"In recent years, this matter has come to be a cause for increasing concern. The spirit of the world has sensitized people regarding their legal 'rights'19and the legal means by which they can exact punishment if such 'rights' are violated."

Wow, incredible!

So their thought process is not "how do we avoid violating the law" (as Christ commanded) but instead "the fact that people can use the law to hold us accountable for our actions and policies is something we will try to use to label people as 'opposers'".

Once they can put people in their 'opposers' bucket then they are fair game as far as they are concerned for the full barrage of dirty tricks which includes naming them and warning others in the congregation about them.

• Dagney
    Dagney

I'm here at work reading this. My blood is boiling.

Fantastic job team Candace.

POS religion. No wonder they are putting the Caleb/Spurlock videos out...damage control...they want to seem so "kid friendly."

• sosoconfused
    sosoconfused

I noticed you guys are picking out alot of very smart things... I am not a smart guy at all... however it seems the opening few sentences are enough to hold someone accountable for this mess. Look at the opening sentences. If this quote alone is true it would be enough to warrant a huge lawsuit.

"Plaintiff Jane Doe (Candace Conti) was nine years old when the

elders of defendant North Fremont Congregation of Jehovah’s Witnesses

(“Congregation”) repeatedly assigned her to participate with Jonathan

Kendrick, a man known to them as a child molester, in the Congregation’s

door-to-door ministry known as “field service.” For nearly two years,

Kendrick took advantage of this opportunity, taking Candace to his home

where he repeatedly sexually abused her. "

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, that is very damning sosoconfused - it's one thing to claim they didn't warn the parents but the fact that they effectively handed her to him while knowing he was a child abuser is terrible in the extreme.

The people who did this should be jailed. There is no conceivable defense for doing that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit