My Story - a (kinda) newbie from the UK

by wizzstick 50 Replies latest jw friends

• Auntfancy
    Auntfancy

Welcome Wizzstick, I look forward to hearing more of your story and I hope you can get your family out someday. You might just have the record for lurking but glad you shared some of your story.

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

I hear a lot of stories about former Bethelites who confirm their doubts while at bethel.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

can't remember when i was last at bethel..london but it woulda probably coincided with your being there. my folks were on construction for a while and we would go down and visit and work also..stayed in one of the blocks in edgeware..(my names ian gill - you work it out)

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

hi Wizzstick - huge welcome!

I'm from your neck of the woods - prime bethel territory and in your time era. Mill Hill certainly fostered some characters. Those same generation thoughts had a big impact on me. I pioneered and it all made sense in terms of the last days and generation. I slowly faded like it sounds you've been doing.

hope the wife is ok.

mmxiv

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

Hi from California! Glad to meet you, enjoyed reading your story

• BluePill2
    BluePill2

Wizzstick how is your family dealing with your inactivity? Just to compare notes Mine is running the full Monthy show. Just one relative keeps contact with me, visits me and calls to know how I feel (not talking me back - me thinks he is "probing" his way out).

I answered your question in a private pm.

Let us know how the fading process goes. I notice that we all have things in common, but it is a different experience for every person. Some can cope and some, unfortunately become completely broken, like my good friend oompa

• wizzstick
    wizzstick

Thanks again all for your replies. It's really helped me on this journey.

Wizzstick how is your family dealing with your inactivity? Just to compare notes Mine is running the full Monthy show. Just one relative keeps contact with me, visits me and calls to know how I feel (not talking me back - me thinks he is "probing" his way out).

The only plus of my wifes poor health is that I'm very much on the back seat Truth wise. Miss lots of ministry, lots of meetings. When we are there I'm needed to help her and the kids so I'm not attending and I'm off the school. So have it very easy compared to many others who go through this crisis whilst 'flying high' in the Truth.

I did talk to my wife once, but she became tearful. The new world hope keeps her going. So I can't talk about it anymore. That's ok. As above my life in the Truth is easier than most.

I answered your question in a private pm.

Thank-you, I have replied.

Let us know how the fading process goes. I notice that we all have things in common, but it is a different experience for every person. Some can cope and some, unfortunately become completely broken, like my good friend oompa.

As with the above family situation, I think I'll be ok for now. I've already sort of faded alot due to the health stuff.

Thanks again for the kind words.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Welcome to this forum and sharing your experience. The generation explanation is certainly bizarre. I am just amazed how many jw accept the thought of 2 overlapping generations becoming one generation. I think that if the GB says white is black that many jws would eagerly accept it.

• rover
    rover

hi

i to was baptised at bowes road 25 years ago no longer live in the uk all i can say is for many the biggest hurdle is lack of family

anyway everyone copes differently some go back

good luck

• whathappened
    whathappened

Welcome, welcome, welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit