Prodigal Son DVD, Seen it? Totally Unrealistic to me. You?

by Wasanelder Once 37 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Here's the basic rundown:

Ok so little JW (21 going on 15) decides to get a job with a computer firm. Leaves family construction company to do so. In time moves out to live with a "Spiritual Loser" and a worldly guy. Little JW's older brother berates and cajoles him for his weakness. The mother is freekin Edith Bunker, airhead and slave to Brother Archie milktoast in this version. Little JW goes to a party with JW Spiritual Loser and they drink too much. Loser drives the car, runs a red light and then speeds away from the cop trying to pull him over. He smahes the car, both are arrested, then little JW is released. He has no one to pick him up and ends up at his worldly roommate's girlfriends place. A little wine, a little coziness, then its fade to black, he gets some action and ends up on the street weeping all night. Comes home, open arms. Boo hoo Jehovah forgive me, I done got sexy.

Ok is it just me or how many times does a person's room mate get drunk, run from the cops and wreck the car with the owner in it? Ok it may have happened I'm sure, but it this the norm? Isn't it the warped view of some very disturbed religious zeaots? Hell I"m in my fifties and have never met anyone this has happened to. I never had a girl try to bed me so quickly as this blonde he was with. The GB has a warped view of the world. They dont realize that as many good JW girls would do that as there are "worldy" girls.

Did you see this epic? if so please comment!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The GB has a warped view of the world

You can say that again.....or at least, they cultivate a warped view of the world among the faithful flock. Actually it is a pessimists paradise. If you distrust everybody and expect the worst you can always feel vindicated when you read a story in the press about the once in a million times that it happens.

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Haven't seen it. Everyone I know that does see it says it makes them cry. I am sure it will, just maybe not for the reason they think.

• jw07
    jw07

Wasn't there a drama like that about 3 or 4 years ago? Minus the him getting action part. Brothers were in the stadium weeping like they just saw a brutal gladitorial match at a colosseum.

• BU2B
    BU2B

How dare they make a Drama about the prodigal son! The parable is the opposite of DFing and the actual heartless WT policy

• J. Hofer
    J. Hofer

haven't seen the video, but yeah that was a drama from a few years ago. terrible message but well done propaganda-wise, at least for the sheeples. i know it turned off quite some "interested ones".

• Robert7
    Robert7

This is exactly the image they are trying to portray. If you leave the truth, you go crazy and your life falls apart. When you return to the truth, your life is great again. This message is nothing new, I've heard it in many talks, it's just portrayed more dramatically.

The mental conditioning and fear works. As a JW I remember not being able to fathom what it would be like leaving. It makes adjusting to the real world much more difficult, but eventually we all realize it's not such a scary place out there...

• jw07
    jw07

@Robert7: The thing about leaving is that all the evil associated with leaving comes from JWs themselves. I've been mentally out for a good while now. I'm sure many on here are, or have been in my position. Everything is peachy with my friends and family. However, if I were to make one call to one of my 'best friends', telling them that it's a cult and I've woken up to the mind control, within an hour my life would change! They would begin the gossip and smear campaign, and if one of them saw me on the street they would avoid me like a leper.

If one wakes up and lives for the next 80 years going through all the motions it would not bar them from the love-bombing, there would be no reason to express the extremist hate that disfellowshipped persons are shown.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Still waiting for one Drama, just one, about Jesus from his faithful brothers. You would think that in the last 100 years they could do something.. They are the most spiritually gifted collection of men in all of human history after all. Even better than Jesus' own 12 disciples.

I remember the Drama.. Of course people cried, their lives have been hi-jacked by the GB. They just didn't know why they were so sad. I'll watch this blockbuster tonight. I wonder if it has been released to counter the independent film released not too long ago about DF'ing. The GB don't do anything without an agenda.

• sir82
    sir82

You're going to have a long wait if you are expecting the words "realistic" and "Watchtower drama" to ever be used in the same sentence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit