Tech49 on HOURS, TIME, and REPORTS

by Tech49 67 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaidubdub
    Jaidubdub

Great post Tech49

I had no hours to report one month, and an elder asked me to submit a couple hours & just do those hours the follow month. I had always reported honestly at the stage. I told him that I didn't feel comfortable lying about FS time & would rather report a big fat zero rather than lie. I stopped reporting my hours after that even though I still went out witnessing. When asked by the same elder why I hadn't been reporting my time, I told him that Jehovah knows how many hours I do so I don't see why its anybody else's business needs how many hours I do... They left me alone after that...

A close friend of mine used to put in a report for both her parents even though they hadn't been to the meeting for 2 years. When's asked her why she reported FS time when they obviously didn't go, she said her parents would beat her up if she didn't report their 'fake' time.

• Tech49
    Tech49

Socrateswannabe,

I agree wholeheartedly with your comments. You nailed it exactly. What is done cannot be undone. The cycle cannot be changed at this point. Just this week, another part in the Service Meeting from the KM reminded all "what a blessing and a privilege" it is to now have the opportunity, 4 times a year, to sign up for a 30-hour commitment.

Look forward a few years, and here is what I see happening: the incentives will have to continue, in order to support the numbers......the 50-hr commitment will dissapper entirely. Why wouldn't it? Who in their right mind will check the 50-hr box, when they can wait until next month and check the 30-hr box. DUH. Then, soon after that, there will be SPECIAL times of the year, Memorial Season, DC Season, when you can sign up for a 20-hr month! Aux Pioneering for all!!! What a blessing! Regular Pioneering requirements will have to be reduced as well, from the current 70 hrs, to probably 60.

The standard continues to fall, as is the interest in spending your personal time and money doing a work that is by all counts fruitless and disheartening.

As stated, these guys aren't rocket scientists....

• Calebs Airplane
    Calebs Airplane

TYPICAL EXCHANGE WHEN A DUB DOESN'T TURN IN TIME...

Secretary: Brother Weak, have you turned in your time?

Brother Weak: No

Secretary: Why not?

Brother Weak: Because I didn't go to Field Service last month.

Secretary: OK. But did you talk to anyone at all about Jehovah for at least 15 minutes?

Brother Weak: Well, let me see...

Secretary: Hold that thought. I'm going to put down that you did at least 15 minutes. If that didn't happen, just call me later. OK?

Brother Weak: But...

Secretary: Relax brother. We'll talk later.

Brother Weak: OK...

• Tech49
    Tech49

I have been pretty lax on turning in any FS reports for the last few months, for several reasons.

1. Its silly. Its a misused indicator of someone's "spiritual health"... what I do is none of anyones business.

2. A test. If I don't turn in any time, how long before someone says anything? Does anyone give a rip? Are the elders REALLY concerned about their flock? Is my FSG Overseer and his assistant (both are elders) really aware of their group.?

The answer to #2 came a couple of weeks ago. With the end of the Service Year on Aug 31, the Secretary was busy making sure all his facts and figures were up to date to turn in ASAP, to complete his annual report. I got a couple of calls, looking for some missing time. I ignored them. Really? I dont go out in FS and all I get is a call looking for a number? Seriously? Really?

So he couldn't get hold of me, so he called Victoria (Ms Harper)...... here is a brief synopsis of their conversation, as related to me:

Secretary: I need yours Mr Harper's time that I am missing... Do you know how many hours Jack got the last 2 months?

Vic: Um... mine is xx.xx I don't know what his is.

Sec: Oh, I see. Well, I need to finish this report..... so I guess I will just put him down for the same amount as you..... I am sure that you guys are about the same.

Vic: OK?. If that's what you want to do....doesnt seem right, but you should probably ask him...??

Sec: Well, ok, I will try and give him a call again.

Summary: He guessed. He fabricated (lied?). No one ever spoke to me about it. Pure fabrications, as are most of the facts and figures, as discussed in this thread at the beginning. Disgusting, yet typical.

Jack Harper, Tech49

• startingover
    startingover

I missed this first time around, what a great thread, and so true.

• ohnightdivine
    ohnightdivine

I still can't get over feeling sad about the many years I've been counted time on as as study... when I believed that my conductor and other JWs truly wanted to help me. I hope until now that my conductor, whom I've considered to be the only person who loved me truly aside from my parents, really was interested in me and loved me as a person.

Of course, I must have been dreaming all along..

As an active JW now, I don't really like submitting my numbers.. because I am afraid that I might become someone who just approaches "worldly" people and befriends them just because I need to count time.

• zound
    zound

I was always honest with the times.

Some of these tricks, like the doing a call nearby before travelling a far distance to country witnessing were openly talked and planned by most witnesses, as if it was a totally legitamite thing to do.

You guys who are still going out witnessing, knowing what you know about the society - how on earth do you do it?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Hey Tech.., Your points 1 & 2 above are spot on. I missed more than 3 reports in a six month period - I'd been out just lax in getting the paperwork in. The elders came to see me just before the six months were up.

One week before the CO visit.

To tell me they were going to recommend my deletion as a MS.

...did I not mention that I was an MS at the time...

They let an MS missed more than 50% of his reports in a 6 month period and didn't say a word. They only came round to tick the box bfore the CO came.

Idiots

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit