Your opinion is requested.

by DATA-DOG 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

It's a good letter. However human rights groups like Amnesty International are concerned with things like ratifying the Arms Trade Treaty at the UN this month. Also the imposing of the death penalty in various parts of the world, Female Genital Mutilation and the incarceration and torture of prisoners of conscience everywhere.

When compared to these serious issues they may find the difficulties of people in a religion hard to understand. Why don't they just leave, they are not in prison? Of course we know they are, they are in mental prisons enforced by mind control. Those that leave are tortured by the thoughts of the suffering of the family they leave behind and by being forcibly prevented from seeing members of their own families. This is something that human rights organizations are familiar with.

Also the emphasis on child abuse is excellent in your letter. The rights of children are high on the agenda in A I as illustrated by their emphasis on putting a stop to FGM.

I wish you well with this and I will give some thought as to the possibility of raising the JW human rights issue to AIUK.

• new22day
    new22day

Excellent letter

• sillygirl2013
    sillygirl2013

^Thank you for putting forward those efforts Data-DOG. Waiting earnestly to see what comes of it. x

• ?evrything
    ?evrything

Awesome.. Spread the word.

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi DATA-DOG, After reading Simon's post, I thought why don't you mention Steve Hassan's website www.freedomofmind.com in your letter?

Organizations victimizing members is a much bigger probem when you include other dangerous cults besides the WTBTS. Tens of millions is a much bigger problem then tens of thousands. Also, by referencing experts in the field of psychology that BITE control techniques are very effective at pointing a Shun Gun at the minds of cult members to maintain control over them, may help non-cult members to better understand the plight of cult members. Your personal experiences humanizes the problem more for a non-cult member to understand.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

I think you need to shorten the narrative, include some quotes instead fo referrign them to a site (or in addition to), and state these things are a matter of policy. Just my 2 cents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit