Another Newbie?

by DJS 41 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

Greetings all,

I guess I'm a newbie. I've been reading (lurking) for a looooonnnnnggggg time, but have finally joined and this is my first post. My story is of course very similar to all the others. My parents were baptized in the 50s and we were raised kinda sorta around the JWs, not celbrating holidays, occasionally studying, rarely going to meetings and participating in sports, etc. while growing up. I left college in the early 70s because, as you all know, the end was coming in '75 and college was simply a waste of time.

I married, raised a family and progessed in the JW org, becoming an elder (which is really when I started to become sick of the org.). Anyway, to make a long story short I crashed and burned my marriage and the JW at essentially the same time. I will fill in the particulars on later posts, but suffice it to say that the mind numbing control and the lack of love were the two primary reasons for my crisis of conscience.

After leaving the Borg I returned to college, finishing my undergraduate degree and getting a masters degree (MBA). My two beautiful children followed me out, and they are both very prosperous and happy and I remain stupid crazy close to both of them. I've lived an amazingly interesting life the past two decades away from the Borg - too much to put into one posting.

I have enjoyed this site for many years and want to thank all of you for helping others to see the light about the wicked Borg. Its lack of love continues to burn my brain as I read the experiences of others coming out. Welcome to freedom all.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Welcome!

Thank you for your first post, as I am now pursuing my undergrad (senior status, one year to go) and would also like to go to grad school. I like to read about post-exit success stories, it helps me to keep plugging along to secure a happier future outside the borg!

CHG

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Welome DJS! As you know, there are a lot of horror stories here as well. I think for the most part, people learn to get on with their lives and leave the past behind. Glad you're happy and doing whatever it is that floats your boat!

• fresh prince of ohio
    fresh prince of ohio

Welcome.

My post-JW life has been lonely, boring, and unfulfilling, but oh well, just about anything's better than the misery of JWism.

• flipper
    flipper

DJS- Welcome to the board my friend ! You are among friends who have had similar experiences as you from this unethical WT organization. I'm so glad to hear that your adult children exited the organization with you and that you got a good education. Freedom of mind is certainly sweet isn't it ? Look forward to getting to know you better. We are here as a support to you as well

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Welcome DJS and congratulations on getting an education and maintaining your relationships with your children!! Do you still have other close JW friends and family?

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• DJS
    DJS

A bit more about me. When I left the Borg I thought it was a cult that had the "truth." After much studying and analysis it was evident that it was simply a cult. I was an atheistic leaning agnostic for a while but am now a full-blown atheist and could not be more content with my beliefs. However, one of the greatest freedoms I have experienced upon leaving the Borg is that I no longer have to "argue" my beliefs as we had to do when we were good little Dubs.

I couldn't care less what others believe and won't enter frays or discussions on this board about theism or atheism. I am tolerant for all beliefs, especially since I used to be one. I like myself so much better as an atheist now than i ever did as a Christian (if you could really call JWs that). I believe in the Santa claus (doing good for goodness' sake).

• DJS
    DJS

I left my JW family behind and havent had anything to do with them in a long time. My very best friend followed me out a few years later and we are still the bestest of friends. I have made many many more new friends since exiting.

• LoisLane looking for Superman
    LoisLane looking for Superman

DJS...It is very nice to meet you. Welcome to JWN.

Just Lois

• cofty
    cofty

Welcome - its always great to hear about people who leave and have a successful life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit