Are you really an Apostate, according to the WT ?

by Phizzy 37 Replies latest jw friends

• carla
    carla

I used to ask my jw if I could come and get dunked just so I could then leave and get the label, he wouldn't go for it though. I thought it an excellent way to keep jw's away from ME! woe is me, I only get the lowly label of ubm.

• HarryMac
    HarryMac

It occurs to me that it really is one of those loaded words, isn't it?

Apostate!

oohh... spooky.

I believed... now I don't...

If they want to call me an apostate, go nuts.

They can call me a honky and lumberjack, too.

Don't give a poo.

Just a name to call somebody knowing it's very likely to upset them... don't rise to it.

• ÁrbolesdeArabia
    ÁrbolesdeArabia

Nobody is a apostate according to the Bible, using the Watchtower's definition of a "Apostate", Ray Franz brilliantly demonstrated the "Prodigal's son" would be a apostate because he did not listen to the man-made traditions of the Watchtowers Scholars of Fame-Shame!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

No, and Yes. I plan to push the envelope at a Shepherding visit... Let's get some synapses firing!!!!!!!

• return of parakeet
    return of parakeet

BluesBrother: " Celebrating false religious holidays..."

Thanks for the list, BB. The first point is actually the only activity I've done that could be interpreted as apostacy by the WTS. And even then, I don't celebrate the religious aspects of Christmas and Easter. For me they're secular holidays that are fun for the whole family.

So, I guess I'm still a dub, though faded for 35 years, in good standing. What a plus.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If a child is molested by a JW and the parents call the police rather than calling the elders, those parents are apostates.

And if an elder should call the police first rather than calling WT Corp. Legal Dept. first, he is an apostate.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If a Jewish householder asks why JWs allow their children to die from lack of medical treatment based on a simple dietary restriction of the Mosaic Law, that householder is an apostate!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If the congregation accounts servant observes that the multi-billion dollar WT Corporation books are never reported and publicly audited while their puny congregation accounts are publicly reported, scrutinized, audited, and combed through by the CO, that accounts servant is an apostate!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If a householder questions how millions of species could fit on Noah's ark, that householder is an apostate!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

If a library has an old copy of the blue Truth book explaining that it's God's promise that Armageddon will come within a 70-year generation of 1914, that library is apostate!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit