I belive the watchtower will fall.

by sleepy 20 Replies latest jw friends

• LB
    LB

I think it's just wishful thinking on our parts. They will survive. They are wealthy. A few new lights here and there and all will be well.

Never Squat With Yer Spurs On

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I am convinced that the WTS will experience an extremely faith-shattering crash. The Governing Body will perish, all in one day.

It will come from a source that no-one considered.

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

I believe the best we can hope for is a kinder, gentler Watchtower. The major turning point will be when 1914 is dropped. After this many of the other absurd doctrines will be dropped, leading to a more sincere less cult like religion. I'm not sure it can still be called the Watchtower after this, but I do believe it will happen, hopefully within the next 5-8 years.

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

If the Watchtower Society fell, another cult will be there to take its place.

Devon McBride

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

I belive the watchtower will fall....

and down will come bethel, elders and allllll

Ven

• TR
    TR

I'm suprised that a group of evil apostates haven't sabotaged Brooklyn Bethel yet.

TR

AWWWWW, CRAP!

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I think we will see a lot of changes people. The society will make changes...they will introduce NEW LIGHT to compensate for their mistakes in the past...they will release NEW publications which will slowly introduce a 'new' society. The 1914 generation issue will die away along with those who came into the truth because of it. One generation leaves and a new one enters. In place of the 1914 believers will be a new society of JDubs...mainly made up of born into the borg babies who have grown up knowing only JW ways....they won't be waiting for the big A with an urgency like their forefathers...but they will still maintain that 'we are special' mentality...just like the Amish, Exclusive Brethren, Mormon, Muslim...etc...etc.

Beck

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

My gut feeling is that the WTS will slowly but surely slither towards
    the middle - gradually caving in on blood, shunning, holidays and other
    contentious issues that serve little purpose in the big scheme of things. A hundred years from now it will probably be as different from today's WTS organization as Russell and the Bible Students are.

Lee

• Simon
    Simon

The problem with dropping the 1914 thing is that their authority depends on it - that's why the defend the dodgy chronology so visciously (which is certainly a painful legacy from Russell / Rutherford)

Once they drop 1914 then what about all the harping on about it they have done? Won't it stop and make many think?

Sure, there will always be those who just go because it's a social thing and in that regard it will become a softer, gentler religion ... 'call in for an hour on Sunday' type thing.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

When some questioned their doctrines, they persecuted them, and then they wrote their doctrines in bigger letters. When more questioned them, they wrote their doctrines in still bigger letters.

When ones still questioned their doctrines, they chisled them in stone.

Now, even THEY cannot erase them.

Simon is right. They burned all their bridges with their hard headed attitude. There's no going back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit