is it more likely to be the men or women who leave first?

by sowhatnow 11 Replies latest jw friends

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow

I was just pondering the other day, is it more likely that a man will leave a religion, or a woman?

is there a way to know if the men on the site outnumber the women or vice versa as to who found out ttat first and left.

im going to suggest men. basically because men in general, do not like to be told what to do. lol

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty
    I am with you. Men most likely.
  • FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    But the men have more to gain by staying in the religion. Upward mobility, prominence, status. We women just get to get walked on.
  • freemindfade
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

In every case it has been the man, 100%.. So is man more.....oh hell

I won't say it. LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I see tons of women on this forum and at meetups. I don't know.

I will go with men only because women marry a JW and are afraid to leave. But prior to marriage or after divorce, I imagine it's 50/50. Perhaps a bit more women after divorce as the men may either gain position or quickly find a "new" wife among JW's (or even both) and the women may lose status and/or not be able to find another JW husband.

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe
    im going to suggest men. basically because men in general, do not like to be told what to do. lol

We must not have know any women in common...

In reality there are so many factors in play here that I think it's difficult to have a useful discussion of the issues without resorting to over generalization and stereotypes.

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway
    James, in my case it was myself who left first, and husband followed, and I know I am not the only one here. Look also at Sofia lose and Lisa rose.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I think (appointed) men get more of the Koolaid at their elder meetings, special meetings, etc

But then they also more of what's going on "behind the curtain" if they get to a high enough level in the Borg.

My wife saw through the BS sooner, but played along with the thought that it did no real "harm" to live a good, moral JW family life. She was an "ala carte" JW and simply ignored what she didn't agree with. [Some advantages to that for this married guy. ]

I on the other hand bought into it all, hook, line, & sinker. At least while I was on the upward swing with position and prominence and influence. Always having plenty to do in the work of the Lord kept me blinded and on the treadmill until I was broadsided with a 2x4. I quit showing up. Wife actually continued for a while, but then she saw the bigger issues that there are as well. We miss our social "friends" but we don't miss being part of the Scam.

Doc

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

Careful OneEyedJoe... remember what happened last time lol..

this time I might not be here to help.

Wasn't it you and eye that went through this once before and got in trouble and almost shunned by the board? lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit