Why won't JWs have "civilized" debates with home owners?

by ilikecheese 73 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• donny
    donny

One of the big reasons is that many of the current JW's who have been around for several years understand that they are much like Catholics in that they follow what someone else tells them is the "truth." The current "overlapping" generation doctrine is so convoluted and confusing that the rank and file JW cannot explain it in a clear and concise manner.

I have 3 JW's who work at my place of employment and not one of them can explain why Jesus chose the Society as the faithful and discreet slave in 1919. Most now just go through the motions to get by.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

A Watcher,

I apologize for being judgemental. I am a hypocrite in many ways. Don't kid yourself though, if the Elders will do whatever the GB say, even disregarding the scriptures to follow oranizational procedures, they are in a dark place. Perhaps you are right about not speaking to them.

I am going to ask the next Elder that interrogates me, " Please show me from the scriptures where Christians are to follow ANY organization over the scriptures." We will see what happens..

• a watcher
    a watcher

punkofnice,

OK, I'll start a thread, but I'm not sure anyone here is interested in the same things that I am.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

a watcher - I'll keep an eye out thanks. Well, that's freedom of speech for you LOL.

TBH. I don't read all the threads. I don't comment on all the threads I read.

That's how we roll I s'pose.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit