ATTITUDE

by compound complex 16 Replies latest jw friends

• compound complex
    compound complex

ATTITUDE

by: Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

http://www.bigeye.com/attitude.htm

• Este
    Este

An attitude reflects a person for whom they are. I really do not understand your way of thinking. A bad attitude is not one to long for, and a good attitude nets prosperity....so which attitude are you promoting?

E.

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

"properity"

Do you mean prosperity or property?

I don't understand.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, Este and GrreatTeacher, for posting.

Charles Swindoll has been quoted above, not the creator of this thread. I am uncertain, however, wherein any form of negativity is promoted by the author. Take what you want and leave the rest, as the saying goes.

Gratefully,

CC

• GrreatTeacher
    GrreatTeacher

Thanks, Este, for the edit. I now understand.

I didn't think the original quote was negative at all, either.

Though there is something to be said for a boisterous "I'm not going to take this crap anymore!" attitude with regards to WTS demands, though I still don't think that would be necessarily negative; maybe only necessary.

• GrreatTeacher
  • Watkins
    Watkins

Positive message, cc - thanks for posting it!

life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. I've long believed that.We can let circumstances beat us down... or not - it's all in the attitude. :)

"I get knocked down, but I get up again. Ain't nothin' gonna keep me down!"

watkins

• Mum
    Mum

Who is Charles Swindoll? He doesn't sound like a JW, but in the '70's I remember a talk by a Brother Swindoll (or am I confusing the name with another "S" name?) from Bethel.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

So true. Thanks for sharing.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I think the author has a positive attitude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit