Oklahoma Tornado

by Simon 46 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

In my area there have been 2 F-5 tornados in the last 30 years. I worked in law enforcement for one and was commandeered to do photography. I had never seen that big a tornado and its damage. Fortunately, it went downtown at night limiting the number of deaths. It was only rubble to my knees and you could not tell where you were in town. I see the pictures in Moore, OK, and it all comes back to me.

• MrFreeze
    MrFreeze

I can't even imagine heading into your storm shelter, re-emerging only to see everything around you is completely gone. Or maybe I just don't want to imagine.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

My Mom (crapola) is around Ardmore 85 miles south of Moore. She's fine but still buttoned up with a big supercell hovering around the area.

We're fine, except for bad hail damage from the North Texas storms from about 5 days ago.

I have an Aunt that lives in OKC and an Aunt and Uncle in Norman. Haven't heard anything but being a dirty apostate may keep me out of the loop. We're probably going to have more of this shit tomorrow.

((((((((((((((My Oklahoma))))))))))))))

• talesin
    talesin

I hope everyone is safe! Twisters = scary!

• Aunt Fancy
    Aunt Fancy

It is shocking. My heart goes out to everyone who was in the path of this monster storm. I can't even begin to imagine what they are going through.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

the news keeps getting worse = now they are saying many of the kids at the two schools that were destroyed may be dead. I wish I could be there and help remove debris -- I bet they need help. Too far away.

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

Hortensia, there hasn't been an official count yet on the number of deaths involving the kids. I do know that a lot of children were recovered alive from the two schools that were hit. Right now, there is a lot of rumor flying around, and the newscasters are on "ramble mode". I live in another part of OKC, and am seeing a lot of stuff on the news, but right now, it's too soon to know definite answers until the crews are finished with the initial work.

I personally know people whose business got wiped out today. It's a pretty sad day.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sadly, Oklahoma's two idiot (R) senators - James (climate change is a hoax!) Inhofe and Tom (offset) Coburn - oppose disaster relief:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/20/oklahoma-senators-disaster-relief_n_3309234.html

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Here comes BizzyBee pointing fingers already. Unbelievable!! Could we just rescue those that are still alive and bury the dead before you spew your drivel!?

• smiddy
    smiddy

I just saw some news footage on TV that lists about 20 children dead of the 90 fatalities so far .It`s hard to comprehend the destruction caused by these tornadoes.

My thoughts and well wishes are with everybody affected by this trgedy

smiddy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit